Variant price discrepancy between the presentment price in default currency and the variant price

Conversion_Bear
Shopify Partner
56 0 31

Hey all,

I'm getting a weird response when making a GET to /admin/api/2021-04/products.json in one of our merchants shops.

When requesting for a specific product with the query params 'ids' and 'presentment_currencies' the response contains variants with price discrepancy (marked in yellow) between the presentment price in default currency and the actual variant price:

"presentment_prices": [
{
"price": {
"amount": "9.20",
"currency_code": "EUR"
},
"compare_at_price": {
"amount": "9.20",
"currency_code": "EUR"
}
},
{
"amount": "11.00",
"currency_code": "CHF"
},
"amount": "11.00",
"currency_code": "CHF"
}
},
{
"amount": "8.00",
"currency_code": "GBP"
},
"amount": "8.00",
"currency_code": "GBP"
}
}
],

The price for the variant in the default store currency (EUR) is 10.95 according to the same request.

Full response is available here

We're using the presentment prices prop across all merchants without seeing similar issues so far.

I can followup with the shop Id and other relevant details if needed.

Thanks,

Reply 1 (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

Hey @Conversion_Bear,

Just wanted to pass on some insight based the example shared. It is highly likely that the 10.95 EUR price has configured on the product page, and in the case a merchant has configure products to include taxes, this is likely what is causing what appears to be a discrepancy and it would be expected. When returned from the Product Admin API, "presentment_prices" arrays will exclude any otherwise included tax, only displaying a base product price - Cheers.

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog