WEBHOOK problem since 16th August

eszter1
1 0 0

Hi!

Our invoicing system is connected with the webhook event 'order creation' and it worked perfectly till the middle of August, but from one day to the other it started to make multiple invoices for a single order. We did not change any settings before. Since that we tried to change the event, but nothing seems to work, it's either not making an invoice at all or keeps making multiple for days. Which webhook event should we use? What have changed since 16th August? Do you know any solution to this problem?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Eszter

Reply 1 (1)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

Hey @eszter1 

Thanks for raising this! Checking backstage here, there's been no changes to the orders/create hook post 16th August. For clarity, the Order Create Webhook wouldn't fire when the Draft Order is created and the Invoice is sent. The Orders Create Webhook would fire when the customer completes the checkout from the Draft Order. At that point, the Draft Order is 'converted' to a Full Order, and thus the Orders Create Webhook fires.

Sounds like based on what you'd said above about Invoicing - which are used with Draft Orders  - you'd need draft_orders/create. This would trigger when the invoice is sent/the Draft Order is saved (Draft Order Webhook docs here)

Feel free to send through the problem order though, I can take a look! Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!