Webhook version in Partner Portal is higher than incoming webhooks

alexb-ps
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello to anyone that can help!

We're updating our webhook version from 2020-10 to latest (2021-07), iteratively.
On 7/6, we bumped our webhook version from 2020-10 -> 2021-01, and we see that updated webhook version in the x-shopify-api-version header.

But when trying to move from 2021-01 --> 2021-04, we seem to be stuck on 2021-01, and unable to move the webhook version, back or forward.

This post seems related, but no public resolution was given

If you can provide any insight that would be most helpful, thank you much!

-Alex and team

Replies 2 (2)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

Hey @Alex - just wanted to confirm if the issue is realted to API managed webhook versions from the drop-down in Partner Dashboard> App> App Setup> Event subscriptions, and if so please feel free to share a recent X-Shopify-Webhook-Id where this unexpected functionality is present, I would be happy to take a closer look.

If these webhooks are manually setup from the Settings> Notifications menu in a store, I would suggest contacting Shopify Support directly so someone can get authenticated to take a closer look, or help connect you with the right team. 

- Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

alexb-ps
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

There is no issue with the webhooks: I was changing the webhook for a different app than the one I was testing on. Thank you.