Weight of product tip

Wilfried_Hajek
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

not a developer but a shop owner, trying to fix a minor thing to get back to normal business.

I have a problem with product tip. My shipping software gives me a failure if somebody is tipping because it is looking for a weight of this "product". 

So the software owner asked me to provide me the ?SKU?. I think what they really meant was the identifier for the the product tip "product", so that they can ignore it. 

Does anybody know what this is? or can help me how to put a zero for weight to the product tip ?

All the best,

Wilfried

Replies 9 (9)
Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

SAME HERE! This is a very very good question, and nobody seems to be able to solve it! I need to...

EITHER set a weight for the "tip"-product (I would go for "zero")

OR define the "requires shipping" as "false", which would be the cleaner way.

Both solutions exist only in my head -> who can tell me where to find that code to access the properties of the "tip"?!?! 

THANKS!

Wilfried_Hajek
Tourist
5 0 1

At the end my developer fixed it. 

The solution btw wasn't setting it to zero (which produced an error) but setting it to a minimum weight - in my case 1 gramm. 

Hope that helps a bit.

All the best,

Wilfried

Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

Ok, thanks.

So it's not only a matter of finding the right code? If it is, I would be VERY happy if you could share this info.

If it's a bit more complicated, of course, I understand you cannot provide it.

THANKS!!!!

Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

What I meant was:

I suppose it's only a matter of changing the word "true" into "false" at the right spot in the code. See screenshot for reference (provided to me by someone who couldn't tell me how it was fixed, either):

Wilfried_Hajek
Tourist
5 0 1

It's has nothing to do with willingness, I just outsourced this work half a year ago, doesn't know more about it, as I already have shared. 🙂 Otherwise I would have shared it gladly. 

Long story short: it wasn't a true or false option in  my case - that didn't help. What did help was setting the weight 1 gramm instead of zero. That is all I know and I have no idea how the guy I hired, implemented it. 

Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

Here we go, Screenshot was declined before (as it was a png file).

Posting it again as a doc (Really??):

Wilfried_Hajek
Tourist
5 0 1

Maybe it helps to find out/ask shopify support how to change the weight of product, find out how to get the identifier of product tip and change this? 

Thinking about this, I remember the guy implemented a whole custom tip function, as there also was some issue with tax and tipping. So the whole tipping function is my part of the world simply useless. It's a pitty, but in hindsight, I would move on and don't waste time figuring this out - the function is simply not working as it should for the moment for my regional area and this is well known bei shopify and seems not to be a high priority thing for them. 

Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

My screenshots are being declined all the time. Don't know why.

Stefan_Friedric
6 0 0

OK thanks again. 

I agree, it's too buggy.

Also, my screenshots don't even upload when put into a DOC-file. crazy.