I am exporting my Shopify products to another company GrooveKart and they are asking for my Shopify API Key. Where do I find my key so that I may import it into their app so that I my transfer my products to my store with them?
GrooveKart provide a video explanation how to do it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7W1TxPV_zM
You need to create a Private App on your Shopify Store and generated the credentials that you can insert in GrooveKart backend.
My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. I can definitely help with this.
You can generate an API key in your admin. Just be sure you trust the developer that you're giving it to as this is an important key.
Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Apps and scroll down to the bottom and click on Manage private apps.
2. Click the green Enable private app development.
3. Check off all the boxes once you've reviewed the terms and information fully, then click the green button
4. Click on Create private app
5. Fill in the fields and make sure you choose permissions for products and other areas your developer will need
You mentioned that you're moving your products over to a new platform. We like to always be able to improve our offerings and would love to hear your feedback on what you felt might be missing from your experience in having your products on your Shopify site.
Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.