How can I manage more than 100 product variations in Shopify?

Ayesha1203
7 0 0

Dear all,

I am Ayesha Iqbal, a Shopify learner. I am confused with a problem relating to variation options, as there is a limited number of variations provided by Shopify. I have used different apps including infinite product options by HulkApps.com. Variant Custom Product Options by Relentless Apps, product options by Bold, and many others. But the...
is there any way to handle variations, customized code, or used any application? if there is any application with the powerful above-mentioned features please let me know. 
Your help would be highly appreciated.

Best regard,
Ayesha Iqbal,
Replies 6 (6)

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

Hi Ayesha,

can you please elaborate your question?

from the question it is not clear what you are looking for or trying to achieve.

Ayesha1203
7 0 0

Thanks for your consideration!

actually, I want to create 100 plus variants for my products, I cant do it directly because the highest limit of variants on Shopify is 99. 

Now, I used some applications which I mentioned in my question. but that did not work for me.

I want any application which gives an inventory control option as well with an unlimited variation.

if it is not possible then any application which provides the option to upload a separate image for each variant option.  so that when customer select any variation from product page, image according to that variation can be displayed. 

if you can help, it would be highly appreciated,

best.

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

It is possible to add a separate image for each variant. Under the product > variants , each variant has an edit button, from there you can edit the properties of the variant and also add an image to it.

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 16.30.37.png

Have you tried doing that?  I hope a shopify staff member can jump in and provide some insights.

Ayesha1203
7 0 0

this way provides only a 99 variations limit. I want to list more than 100 variations in a single product. Therefor I need any Application which provide unlimited variation along with separate variation for each variant.

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

Can you elaborate what do you mean by "separate variation for each variant"?

What variation would you like to have for each each variant?

Can you share your store url? I would like to see your products. Maybe there is workaround like separating some variants into a different product.

I can think of two possible ways to solve the problem:

1. try out existing apps and see if any app can fulfil your requirement (which you already did), sometimes contacting the app support can be helpful as they often face similar situations.

2. hiring a developer to provide a custom solution for your specific case.

Ayesha1203
7 0 0

Thanks for your interest.

let me do it clearer, I want to list a product like the following URL

https://www.avivadallas.com/products/basic-crewneck-t-shirts-small?variant=39280135340098

there are 40 color and 8 size which mean 320 variations. by default variation limit is 100. But above-mentioned store crossed it as well if you choose any specific color, image according to that color will also be changed. Means that 320 variations with specific image for all the variation. i tested some apps and can create more than 100 variations but unable to put image for each variation like avivadallas.