Solved

How can I remove a second messenger chat from my online store?

patc
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi,

I have 2 messenger contact options in my store. Can someone help me how to remove the second chat?

patc_0-1636475799024.png

I was able to identify the source of 1. bubble chat, but couldn't find anything about no. 2. Can you please help me identify and switch the second chat? 

This is my website: www.sweetfit.co.uk  and you can see the chat bubbles when you scroll down to the end of the page. Thank you! 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @patc

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that having two messengers apps is not ideal and may cause confusion with your customers. Rest assured, we will try to get this resolved as soon as possible. Firstly, are you able to browse through your apps and ensure that you do not have multiple messenger apps installed? Also, please confirm if you have made any coding changes to your store recently. To further isolate the issue, I suggest installing a fresh copy of your theme and checking if the two messenger buttons appear on it. If they do, proceed to uninstall your current messenger app as some code might have been left over from a previous version. From there, you can reinstall it and check if it has fixed the issue. 

If that solves the error, Shopify Inbox might be a great alternative to add to your shop. This app allows you to interact with potential customers and integrates with other messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. Take a look at our Shopify Inbox Guide on how to set this up. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Murtaza
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi there,

Open Shopify admin panel then go to apps section there is a plugin for this messenger open it and off the integration or remove the plugin.

sending to.png

patc
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. This option removes the bubble I would like to keep 😞 is there any chance to identify where the second one comes from, what is the source of this messenger bubble?

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @patc

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that having two messengers apps is not ideal and may cause confusion with your customers. Rest assured, we will try to get this resolved as soon as possible. Firstly, are you able to browse through your apps and ensure that you do not have multiple messenger apps installed? Also, please confirm if you have made any coding changes to your store recently. To further isolate the issue, I suggest installing a fresh copy of your theme and checking if the two messenger buttons appear on it. If they do, proceed to uninstall your current messenger app as some code might have been left over from a previous version. From there, you can reinstall it and check if it has fixed the issue. 

If that solves the error, Shopify Inbox might be a great alternative to add to your shop. This app allows you to interact with potential customers and integrates with other messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. Take a look at our Shopify Inbox Guide on how to set this up. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog