3 Shopify stores - can I sync product descriptions but NOT inventory?

Courtney_Hogan
Tourist
12 0 5

Hello!

We have 3 shopify stores, I would like to Sync the products across the 3 stores (product descriptions & product images) but I don't want to Sync the inventory. Does anyone know an app that will allow me to do this? i.e. would Syncio allow me to sync the products but not the inventory? 

Thank you for any help!

Replies 3 (3)
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 88

Hi, @Courtney_Hogan!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to see how I might be of assistance. Are you able to elaborate a little more on what the purpose of syncing your product descriptions between the three stores is? Will they be regularly updated, or do you need to simply migrate product information from one store to your other two shops?

We do have a few syncing apps in the Shopify App Store; however, they do appear to be paid apps. If you're needing to sync between stores regular, it may be worth the investment. I would recommend getting in touch with the App Developers to inquire as to whether their apps can be used for syncing product information without the inventory.

I did look into Syncio Multi Store Sync's support guides and found an article regarding How the Sync Works. According to this guide, while you can manually sync inventory, updating a product attribute will also trigger a sync.

If you're just needing to migrate product information from one Shopify store to your two other ones, you can use our Store Importer app:

21-03-ljm1s-opd1v

Please keep in mind this is to migrate product information. This means importing updated product details (such as product title or descriptions) which already exist on your other shops won't update the changes, as they'll be seen as duplicates:

21-03-i24bi-0kjy5

More information regarding the Store Importer app can be found in this guide. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

channelup
Shopify Partner
619 33 133

Hi

We operate a product information management platform whereby you can sync products to all your stores from our system.

Another option we have is to set a product data flow from one of your stores and update your other 2 stores. So you would only need to update product information in your primary store and that data would then sync automatically to other ones.

We separate inventory from product information so you can choose what fields you wish to update.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
Get in touch with our team here.
aamirk
Excursionist
20 0 3

Hi @Courtney_Hogan 

We have recently launched an app (https://apps.shopify.com/leap-inventory) to allow product & inventory sync across multiple Shopify stores. We can configure the app to only sync product description but not inventory for your shops.

Full disclosure: I'm founder of the app