Solved

Access scopes for payment app not available

anton-zipco
Tourist
4 1 7

Hi there,

We are a Shopify partner and we are building a new Shopify Payments App. We have a draft public app with a payment extension configured.

We are now trying to go through the merchant onboarding with a Development store and following the steps here. We're following the OAuth instructions here but we are facing an issue when requesting the required scopes:

• write_payment_gateways
  • write_payment_sessions

Error is: Oauth error missing_shopify_permission: write_payment_gateways, write_payment_sessions, read_payment_gateways, read_payment_sessions

If we try requesting some other scope e.g. "read_customers" we're successfully redirected to the OAuth page.

Is it because the following scopes have not been made available yet?

antonzipco_0-1627359935425.png

Accepted Solution (1)

anton-zipco
Tourist
4 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: We reached out to our Shopify partner contact who proceeded to enable those permissions for our specific Payment App.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

anton-zipco
Tourist
4 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: We reached out to our Shopify partner contact who proceeded to enable those permissions for our specific Payment App.

elmorgan3
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi, I have a question. 

How do you create a Payment app?

I had been trying to do, but I couldn't create a Payment App, becouse is on beta. Documentation says to create a public app, and create a Payment Extentions with it, but this option doesn't appears to me. I'm trying to use this mutation "captureSessionResolve" but I need to have access to this permission "write_payment_sessions".

anton-zipco
Tourist
4 1 7

Hi @elmorgan3 ,

You need to be a Shopify partner and then also ask to be a payments partner and be approved. Only then will the payments app extension appear as an option.

The steps are also mentioned here.

My experience has been that if you don't have a contact at Shopify it's quite difficult to get started.

Hope it helps.

elmorgan3
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi @anton-zipco and thank you to respond to me so quickly,

I have an account on shopify partner, and I'm gonna take a look documentation you show me, but. What do you mean by "have a contact at Shopify"?. To contact with Shopify Support is enough or is something else.

anton-zipco
Tourist
4 1 7

I meant that this forum hasn't been helpful - haven't received a response yet.

Yes, someone through Shopify Partner Support should be enough. https://help.shopify.com/questions/partners

elmorgan3
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Thank you so much @anton-zipco, I hope that gonna work