Why can't I connect Instagram to my ecommerce platform?

drippy
Tourist
3 0 0

I am constantly looking for a way to reach out to your customer service and I was not able to find anything but this. I am having trouble connecting Instagram to my Shopify. It will not show when you press add a channel. It’s been this way for a year and because of that I’m not able to set up Instagram shopping. Please help me or forward me to someone who can.

Reply 1 (1)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @drippy 

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting!

You're able to contact Shopify Support via chat, callback, or email through the Shopify Help CenterThis video clip shows you how to access the chat and email option. If you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone, please log in to your store when prompted to view the callback option. It's good to note that callbacks are only available when capacity allows, so for the fastest support, I do recommend selecting the chat option.

With regards to connecting Instagram to your Shopify admin, you will first of all need to add the Facebook sales channel and connect your Facebook account to your Shopify admin. Then you'll be able to set up Instagram shopping. This is the screen you will see once you've connected your Facebook account to your Shopify admin:

17-23-wtrbr-7ehgq

For advice on how to set up the Facebook sales channel check out this page from the Shopify Help Center.

It's great to hear you're looking to utilize Instagram Shopping. To help you on your journey I recommend checking out this free Instagram course from Shopify Learn. In this course, you'll learn how to set up your Instagram business account, discover your niche, and even learn how to make sales using influencer marketing.

I hope this helps! If you do need to contact Shopify Support and have difficulty doing so after following the above guide then please let me know here. Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.