Amazon channel syncing products in the wrong direction all of a sudden

newcreation
Visitor
3 0 1

I have been using the Amazon channel to track my inventory for quite a while now. I'm not sure what happened, maybe my VA changed something, but all of a sudden my Amazon listings are messed up. I am 100% certain Shopify is causing this because it happened once before. I had to go in somehow and 0 out my inventory and wait for it to sync again. But I cannot remember how I did it. I don't know how this happened. My VA must have changed something without realizing this would happen, I'm not sure. 

Here is the problem: All of my inventory is at Amazon FBA. I have my products listed on Amazon AND Shopify. My only inventory is in the Amazon warehouse. For example, I have 502 of one of my products. Whenever someone places an order, this amount is updated in both Amazon and Shopify. That is how it is supposed to be working. 

But NOW all of a sudden, Amazon thinks I have 502 of the product at my home or in my warehouse, because it is showing up on my listing as 2 offers - one merchant fulfilled, and one FBA, and guess how many it says the merchant-fulfilled one has available? 502. So it is going in a circle. Not only is my Amazon account sending inventory information to Shopify, but now Shopify is sending inventory information to Amazon - incorrect information.

I do not want to completely disconnect the app because it took me several days of agony to get it to work properly in the first place, and I don't EVER want to go through that again. I am an extremely busy person and do not have time for that. I just want to fix the one issue.  How can I get Shopify to stop sending information to Amazon? I only want Amazon to send information to Shopify, not the other way around.

If this is going to require that I completely disconnect the API, I cannot do it. I will need to hire an expert to do it for me. I just can't. I am so stressed, and overwhelmed with everything I have to do, and I am close to tears over this. Please someone help.

Reply 1 (1)

newcreation
Visitor
3 0 1

An update: I have figured out how to 0 out my inventory in Shopify and that does make the extra listing go away in Amazon, but now my Shopify store looks like I'm out of stock. What setting needs to be changed so that my Amazon inventory is tracked in Shopify, but so that my Shopify inventory does NOT impact my Amazon listings?