Solved

Announcement Bar App has gone and I can't edit it. How can I change it without the app

becsbeehive
Visitor
2 1 0

I used an app for the announcement bar but now it isn't there to edit anything.  How can I change it without the app.   I dont remember the app name... please help thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
becsbeehive
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

thanks for your replies.  The app developers contacted me and we rectified the problem.  appreciate everyone's help. thank you

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@becsbeehive 
Hi,
How May I help you?
I will add it for you. by the custom code.
or I will share the code without using any app.

Thank you.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @becsbeehive

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Sorry to hear you've lost your announcement bar. Happy to suggest some options for you. Especially with Black Friday Cyber Monday fast approaching, announcement bars are a great for driving awareness to a deal or discount code this time of year. 

What theme are you using? Have you checked to see if an announcement bar is a feature that comes with your theme? Many themes include an announcement bar feature (including most free Shopify themes). The instructions on where to look for this are listed in our Help Center under Add an announcement banner. Let me know if you have any difficulties with these instructions. 

Otherwise, if your theme does not have this feature, and you are confident you used an app for this, you can look under the Apps section of your admin and see if you can spot one there. To open that app's settings, simply click the name of the app. If you need assistance with a third-party app's settings, your best bet will be to try the app's support documentation, or reach out to the app developer directly for help. 

Lastly, if you have perhaps since deleted the app, you can always download a new one from the Shopify App Store. We recommend searching banner message or announcement bar for the most relevant results. 

Let me know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

becsbeehive
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

thanks for your replies.  The app developers contacted me and we rectified the problem.  appreciate everyone's help. thank you