API to connect with a platform for order fulfilment and product creation.

JANA21
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi 

I need to add a API to my website to be able to link with a company. They have sent me how to do this, but I have no coding background and if I can, would like to do it myself. 

The API will help link my website to their platform for adding products to my website, orders going straight to them and for me to be able to create my own products through their platform. 

I know it needs to include javascript and Postmessage API and a callback API.  i

Is this something I will be able to do myself or should I not attempt it?

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 573 1323

@JANA21 First double check the app store for any fourth party apps that connect shopify with that other platform

The API will help link my website to their platform for adding products to my website, orders going straight to them and for me to be able to create my own products through their platform

That indicates needing to build a custom app which requires coding.

If the api does not require full auth you may be able to use tools like zaper/integromat to hobble something together.

There are also api scripting apps like usemechanic that can work in certain scenarios to connect a store to an api which have a lower barrier to entry in coding than having to learn to build an ETL app from scratch.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

khanakia
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Can you provide more detail in this context on what company are you trying to import products from?

3ux1n3
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

can you give me the platform name ? is their API public or it's exclusive to you , this seems like a job for some app development , you can contact me if you want to chat about it