App approval process(Struggle is real)

Wesley_Enotas
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everybody!

Im trying to get my App approved. And always gets rejected by blaming the lack of oAuth authetication.

But i already send i video of the oAuth autentication process. I've been trying to get this app approved for months(#nightmare).

Im trying to reach someone with technical skills with no luck.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Replies 6 (6)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 345

Hey there,

Start with the Shopify App CLI: https://shopify.github.io/shopify-app-cli/

It provides out of the box OAuth for your app. 

I have 2 apps in the App Store and had no problem with the authentication. My submission had other problems but on OAuth 🙂 

Hope it helps

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
Not applicable

Wow never knew Shopify CLI could create boilerplate code for apps. Pretty cool and damn good advice!

Wesley_Enotas
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Mircea_Piturca,

The examples you send is for Ruby or Nodejs. 

My application is already finished(in C#) and im trying to release a integration with Shopify(and i've already implemented the oAuth process). I've submit the App to approval with a video showing my application doing the oAuth process. But they want to initiate the oAuth process starting from Shopify App Store(which is weird!!). Every oAuth integration i have done in my life was initiated in the client side(who is gonna consume the API). Even the documentation suggest: "If your install link doesn’t originate from the Shopify App Store, then you need to provide the shop parameter yourself or implement other handling to get the user’s shop." (https://prnt.sc/xmgk6j)

And im trying to get in touch with someone with technical skills in Shopify support without luck.

The process for getting this App proved is taking months....

I would be glad if someone could help reach a Shopify Developer 😄

Tks

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 345

Hey Wesley,

I am really sorry and I know how painful this can be.

I do not know what the solution is in your case, the review team is really strict and for good reasons.

How does your auth flow look like? Can you share a video? 

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
brianb1
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Did you ever get this worked out?

We are getting rejected with a c# Blazor app for the same oauth reason.  We have installed the app on many stores through a link and using the Test on development store option and it works every time.  I even noticed a new store was installed by the reviewer and that worked. 

We implemented everything in the oauth video.  We need to know how exactly reviewers install apps for this process.

shingekinokyoji
Excursionist
20 1 2

You said the following:

We have installed the app on many stores through a link

Can you expound on that some more? Were those stores production/live stores?