Why can't I find the App Block option in my Shopify 2.0 theme?

TTC520
Tourist
3 0 3

Hello, I am using the following theme, which is 2.0. 

https://themes.shopify.com/themes/flow/styles/queenstown

I am trying to embed the Seguno app form on one of my pages, but don't see the App Block option. Am I missing something? My theme says it is 2.0 but I don't see this option. Assistance is appreciated. 

Thank you,

Eddie

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @TTC520

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Sorry to hear you're having troubles setting up an app. To clarify, are you trying to follow instructions from the Seguno: Email marketing app on how to embed something on your website? 

When you say app block, what do you mean exactly? If you could please share a screenshot of where you are looking in your Shopify admin, as well as the instructions you are trying to follow (such as a link to the instructions, or a screenshot), this will be helpful for troubleshooting with you. 

Once I hear back, I'd be happy to help further! I will note that this is a third party app so it is not supported by Shopify, but by the app developers (Seguno in this case). However, let's see what we can do here before you need to reach out to them directly! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

TTC520
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Hilary,

Here are the instructions I am following from Seguno.

https://help.seguno.com/article/286-email-signups-for-os-20-themes

When editing a page, I don't have the ability to add an Apps block, similar to this image 

I am assuming that I don't have the 2.0 version of the Flow template. Is that correct? I was reading up on how to upgrade to the latest template, which requires duplicating the theme and applying the new one. However, when I did this, the home page changed on my site and it looked like a new website. I am thinking I have to reconfigure it like my previous site. Is there an easier way to upgrade without having to reconfigure everything on the site?

THanks,

Eddie 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for the reply along with the help article you're following, and the screenshot - helpful for understanding!

Yes, exactly as you mentioned, and as described in the article, if you don't have a theme with the Online Store 2.0, App blocks will not be available. Seguno does mention that if this is the case, "please use a default Shopify sign-up form, your Newsletter form, or check the Seguno Connections for page or form builders." I'd contact them directly for more information about their integration options without the Online Store 2.0!

As for updating your theme, you are following the correct process. You would need to install the latest version, and then manually update your theme. If you are going to do this, I'd recommend opening two browser tabs side by side, one with the old theme, and one with the new theme. From there, you can run through each setting and match the settings from your old theme with your new theme. If you've had custom coding done on your current theme, you would also need to add this to your new theme. This includes apps that may need to be reconfigured or reinstalled.

I do understand this can be a bit of a lengthy process. You could always look into hiring a developer or Shopify Expert to give you a hand, if you wanted to upgrade your theme to the Online Store 2.0. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DREAMZSOP
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

You need to enable app from app embed options and it will show. Even if its not showing you need to make a bit changes in theme files. Please check the image.

Untitled-3.jpg