App that automates daily deals based on product insights

App that automates daily deals based on product insights

Georgi_Demirev
Shopify Partner
20 2 13

Hey, I'm looking for an app that can automate daily deals based on product performance, in other words discount X amount of random products each day that have performed badly in the past X weeks/months. Then maybe track if a product has been in a daily deal recently so it's not picked again in the next X days. Then put those products in a collection so I can feature it on the frontpage. It needs to be fully automated.

Is there such an app available currently? I took a look at the app store but I didn't find anything similar. Closest thing I could find is "Daily Deals ‑ Sale & Promotion" app, but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to, also it seems they try to be more than just "daily deals" which is irrelevant for my business, plus their pricing is weird and unclear.

Replies 3 (3)

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

I think I should be able to build out a workflow or two using our app mesa to do this. How would you calculate low product performance?

Georgi_Demirev
Shopify Partner
20 2 13

For my business that would be products that have been added to the store more than 6 months ago and haven't sold any units or have sold just a couple of units in the past 3 months for example. Another option could be to use the Shopify grade system https://beta-help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/inventory/abc-analysis and pick from C-grade products. There used to be a Product Insights widget on the home screen a while back that showed underperforming products for the past week/30days, not sure what happened to it, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. There are many different way to do this I believe. Best insights to pull from would be from Shopify directly rather than Google Analytics, but I know that wasn't possible with the current API some time ago, not sure how it stands today.

A sifting factor can be to only pick products (or to exclude products) with specific tag, so products with low profit margins/low quantities/out-of-stock are not picked for example.

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

Sadly it looks like the ABC analysis grade isn't available via the API. Surprising because that would be useful and seems easy to add.

I could build one out around no/low sales in last 3 months.

Do you want to install mesa and add me as a collab so I can build it out for you? No strings attached if you end up not wanting to use it.