Is Apple Business Chat still unavailable on Shopify?

ryanc10
4 0 3

Hi!

The Shopify support page for Apple Business chat mentions that they've temporarily disabled the ability to add it to our stores. Is there any better information as to when this will become available again? Other platforms are not having registration issues with the service, so I'm not understanding why Shopify won't offer the service.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/inbox/integrations/apple-business-chat

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @ryanc10!

I appreciate your interest in using Apple Business Chat with your Shopify store.

The document you've linked here on Setting up Apple Business Chat for Shopify Inbox is the most accurate and up to date information available. Essentially, each new account needs to be verified and approved, so we're working with Apple to make that process as quick and efficient as possible so that the backlog of account verifications can be cleared.

While we do not currently have an estimate for when the app will be available again to new users, the Shopify Help Center document will be updated whenever we have new information to share. In the meantime, you can continue to use Shopify Inbox with the other chat options available.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mezamorta
Visitor
1 0 0

I cannot find Apple Business Chat app on Shopify App Store, has it been removed. 

I also cannot find when I try to add additional channel trough Shopify Inbox app. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@mezamorta wrote:

I cannot find Apple Business Chat app on Shopify App Store, has it been removed. 

I also cannot find when I try to add additional channel trough Shopify Inbox app. 

Hi, @mezamorta.

New Apple Business Chat installations are temporarily paused due to a backlog in Apple's merchant account verification process. I don't have additional information at this time, but please note that the help help document linked previously in this thread (Setting up Apple Business Chat for Shopify Inbox) will be updated once installations are resumed.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog