Authenticate from app extension request

nvent97
2 0 2

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to perform some actions as an extension from the orders detail page, also I have a NodeJs app created with CLI default command.

After I get the request from Shopify (performed when the user click on the custom action) I want to make an API call to the Shopify admin, specifically the orders API.

But the problem I have is that I can't get the access token I usually got from the loadCurrentSession method because I do authenticated request with axios, also I can't get the token to call the backend and make the request authenticated.

Here are the params I receive from Shopify, maybe there is something I am not seeing which can't be used to authenticate the request (to the backend or directly to Shopify API):

{
    "hmac": "042f9XXXX...",
    "host": "Y29ycXXX....",
    "id": "3760000...", //=> This is the order id
    "locale": "en-US",
    "session": "4e1bf7d9XXXX...", 
    "shop": "xxxxx.myshopify.com",
    "timestamp": "1635969268"
}

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies 3 (3)
alifaiz1804
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Nvent97, Same issue here. Do you find any solution? if so please share.

nvent97
2 0 2

Hello, I've found out that if I click on the without previously open the app, then the request isn't authenticated.

On the other hand, if after I run the app I open it from the apps list and then click on the app extension link then the request is authenticated and can access all of the Shopify features.

Regards

alifaiz1804
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi thanks for you reply. Can you please share a snippet of code where you get order number and shop name from custom link parameters. It helps me a lot. Thanks