Auto Print New Orders

Solved
Wade2
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm looking for an app, software, or any other means to automatically print a new Shopify order to a network printer upon arrival. Even if I have to install software on my computer that would be fine. Solutions have to work with a Mac if it involves the computer.

Basically I handle all the order processing at my business. However, when I'm not there I want orders to print for my other staff to prepare for shipment.  I don't want to give access to the website.  

Any thoughts on various ways to accomplish this?  

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 1 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Wade, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Neat idea! Gives me a fax machine vibe. 

I imagine there are a few ways this can be accomplished. One that comes to mind would be to use our order notifications to our advantage. In your admin > settings > notifications > order notifications you can add a new email address. This could be somethign like neworders@example.com. We could then use somethign like this walkthrough (might work on Mac) on how to use outlook to automatically print incoming emails. I was also able to find this app (PC) that offers the ability to automatically print incoming emails. You can then customize your order notification template to include any relevant information for your warehouse team. 

There are some tools built into Shopify that could help you manage your incoming orders when you are not in the office. You can add an order notification to *any* email, which could include some for of staff email that your team can check when you are not in the office. You mentioned you didn't want to give your staff access to your account, but I felt I should mention that you can create staff accounts and limit their access to different sections of your admin. For example they could log in and only see your orders, and not your theme, settings etc. This Shopify Doc goes into detail about this process. 

I hope that gets you headed in the right direction! If anyone else has any other solutions I'd love to hear them as well! 

Jami | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 1 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Wade, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Neat idea! Gives me a fax machine vibe. 

I imagine there are a few ways this can be accomplished. One that comes to mind would be to use our order notifications to our advantage. In your admin > settings > notifications > order notifications you can add a new email address. This could be somethign like neworders@example.com. We could then use somethign like this walkthrough (might work on Mac) on how to use outlook to automatically print incoming emails. I was also able to find this app (PC) that offers the ability to automatically print incoming emails. You can then customize your order notification template to include any relevant information for your warehouse team. 

There are some tools built into Shopify that could help you manage your incoming orders when you are not in the office. You can add an order notification to *any* email, which could include some for of staff email that your team can check when you are not in the office. You mentioned you didn't want to give your staff access to your account, but I felt I should mention that you can create staff accounts and limit their access to different sections of your admin. For example they could log in and only see your orders, and not your theme, settings etc. This Shopify Doc goes into detail about this process. 

I hope that gets you headed in the right direction! If anyone else has any other solutions I'd love to hear them as well! 

Jami | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Brennen_Noble
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

I've already built a Shopify app that can do this. You just download a small multi-platform app (windows/mac/linux) that runs in the background. When new orders come in, about 5 seconds later they print automatically to the printer I have set to the default.

I have no idea if shopify has any blanket policy about eligibility for apps that need you to download anything, but as long as that's not the case it will be on the app store fairly soon. Just waiting for a response from the apps team on if I can submit it to the app store or not.

Wade2
Tourist
6 0 1

I'd be interested when it's available.  

ishahrier1
3 0 0

I am in the priocess of building almost exactly something like auto order printer and forwarder (via email or network shared drive).

godslamb
4 0 0

I just built an app thant do exactly that.

obedcamsan93@gmail.com

Eric-Alan_Rapp
1 0 0

Hi Brennen - how does that work? Looking for a way to auto-print a packing slip in one of several shops when a click&collect order comes in.

Peter_Bendtsen
1 0 0

Hi.

What is the name of the app? Can I get it in the app store?

Have a good day.

Peter.

Dustin_Coleman
1 0 0

Where can I find information on this app?  I am in need of this.  Thank you.

ReportJet
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hi,

There is a Reporting App ( Invoices included) - it is running in you Shopify admin .

https://apps.shopify.com/reportjet

It may be possible to add "Auto-print' option ...

Anybody is interested ?

Jesse101
1 0 0

Is this available?

Ianthegardenguy
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Brennan,

Just wondering if this app (auto print from shopify) is available.  I would be running it primarily on a Windows Desktop.   Would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. 

Thank you

Jacksons
1 0 0
Hi, just wondering if it’s possible to set up this automatic email depending on location? 

in our Shopify we have a different locations, so can we get an automatic email to be sent to an email address depending on the location? For example one location could be online store and the other shop store- so if an item sells from the online store location we would like an email to be sent to an email for that location.

Hope that makes sense 
Sam_Yu
Tourist
3 0 1

I was looking for the same capability. It sounds so simple. Just auto-print my f’n new orders!  But nothing was out there.

Some people recommended Zapier and google cloud printing. That’s ridiculously expensive for just print my orders.

After a really long search I finally found the perfect solution. https://www.automatic-email-manager.com/

It’s a small app that runs on a Windows machine. I got all my Shopify orders printing perfectly through my gmail account. The tech support is really fast and responsive.

Can’t say enough good things about this software. And, I can’t believe it’s so hard to find. Hope this helps other e-commerce store owners who want this simple yet important feature.

OOPS
1 0 0

Is this app available? 

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
213 6 43

Hi all, we created a new windows application http://printautopilot.com/ to allow you to print packing slips automatically.

We are working on a shopify app to connect to it, but for now you could use our already existing PostNL app https://apps.shopify.com/postnl-labels-aanmaken which has a packing slip feature in it.

you could leave all PostNL settings empty and create your own packing slip layout with liquid, then when you add the printautopilot token of the queue it will automatically print every new incoming order.

we have been using it on 4 webshops, and printered over 600 documents with it in the past 2 months. 

If you need any more info just let me know.

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Product Inventory Information | Geolocation, Store Pickup & More

Order Related Documents | Link Documents to Products Or Countries
GreenLion
1 0 1

How to get Shopify to send the Packing list/Invoice in pdf via email?

Shopified710
1 0 0

There is an awesome app by Allfetch called drag and drop pdf invoice. The paid versions of this invoice allow you to auto send PDF and give you the option to add the download to your templates aswell.

Turet_Knueferma
1 0 0

Hello,

Yes, I would be also interested to know more about and acquire this app when available and working seamlessly.

Regards

Danilo

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
213 6 43

Hi!

Our new app Order Related Documents just got approved last week.

you are able to :

- Create packing slips

- Link packing slips to countries (if you want to show different texts for different countries)

- Upload & Link pdf files to countries or specific products

we are now in the process of adding the printautopilot.com intergration, so you will be able to automatically print packing slips with our new app.

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Product Inventory Information | Geolocation, Store Pickup & More

Order Related Documents | Link Documents to Products Or Countries