Automatic free gift compatible with discount codes

Kushel
2 0 0

Hi all,

i'm searching for a an app which automatically adds item X when item Y is added to the cart but is ALSO compatible with other discount codes.
Each app i've seen so far isn't compatible with discount codes.

Please help.

Replies 3 (3)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @Kushel,

Nick here from Shopify! 

I took a look through the Shopify App store to see if I could find a discount app which has the features you're looking for. I think I found one with the All In One Automatic Discounts app. It has a BOGO feature and seems like you can have other discounts outside of that too. 

Just to confirm what you mean by:

i'm searching for a an app which automatically adds item X when item Y is added to the cart but is ALSO compatible with other discount codes.
Each app i've seen so far isn't compatible with discount codes.

Do you mean, to have one automatic discount for the adds item X when Y is added and then a seperate discount code ing eneral outside of that? If you meant something else, could you elaborate a little more on what you mean, please and I can take a deeper look for you. 

If none of the apps seem to be able to do what you need, it might be worth exploring a custom option with a Shopify Expert. You can see the Shopify Expert directory here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kushel
2 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

thanks for your fast reply!

We'd like to add a specific manual to each matching product. So Buy X and get Y, basically.

At first i was thinking about Bundles, but thats not the solution. I cant build a product bundle with a component which is the product itself.-.-
So i found some apps which offered the BOGO option and everytime somebody bought a product, like a towel for instance, the specific manual was added for free. Great!
But shopify seems to see this "free gift" like a discount. And each time the customer wants to use his own discount code, (15% off for example) or a gift card, it didnt work. 
The discount code was not accepted.
I also dont want any prompts oder deals for the customer to see, everything should happen in the background or in the shopping cart.

I hope that explains it well.

I will try your solution. Is it still the best option? Im just asking because i have to discuss this with our developer, just to be safe not destroying our theme when installing.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

I think I have more of an idea what you mean now, thanks for taking the time to explain. 

With all that in mind, researching the apps to see if you can find one which works for what you want is probably the best way even though it might be a process. Even reaching out to the app developers directly and explaining what you just explained to me might be a good option as they might recognise this function and have it or be able to add it. 

Other than that, you could look at building something custom via a Shopify Expert like I touched on above. While it could be a high upfront cost you would have this feature built in exactly how you want it and be sure that it works. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog