Best app to allow customer to request a quote?

Solved
EssentialTed
Tourist
17 0 3

I recently launched my first Shopify store. It's a dropshipping site with t-shirts, hoodies, etc., all with original designs. I am already getting requests for quote for bulk orders. I have found apps in the Shopify store for this, but I was hoping I might get your suggestions/recommendations. Since I create the designs too, I'd like something that will allow the customer to upload pictures to help me understand what they are looking for (if this feature exists). Since I'm just getting started, I don't have much of a budget yet, so ideally, I'm looking for a free app. Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @EssentialTed,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are a number of different request quote apps in the Shopify App Store. Most of them have paid plans (they all have some sort of free trial period also), but there is one which has a free plan available and has a high rating too (4.8 out of 5) which could be worth exploring. It's called Globo Request a Quote. You can see some of the other request quote apps I like below:

The other way you could look into this is by getting something custom made for you. While it would be a higher upfront cost, it would be a one-off cost to a Shopify Expert. My advice would be to see if the free plan app can do what you need and if so, then you are good to go. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @EssentialTed,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are a number of different request quote apps in the Shopify App Store. Most of them have paid plans (they all have some sort of free trial period also), but there is one which has a free plan available and has a high rating too (4.8 out of 5) which could be worth exploring. It's called Globo Request a Quote. You can see some of the other request quote apps I like below:

The other way you could look into this is by getting something custom made for you. While it would be a higher upfront cost, it would be a one-off cost to a Shopify Expert. My advice would be to see if the free plan app can do what you need and if so, then you are good to go. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EssentialTed
Tourist
17 0 3

Thank you so much! I'll check it out.

Ecoland_sk
1 0 1

Is it possible to allow our customers to select shipping as a product/service for when needed? They then can submit a request for a precise quote using the products selected in their cart and ship-to data in the order, before the pay process is initiated by the customer?

Process steps:

1. customer selects products, adds to cart, selects 'ship-to' option, order is submitted to vendor.

2. Order is confirmed by vendor; shipping cost is calculated manually, then added to final order, which is emailed to customer.

3. Customer accepts order details, including shipping cost, and makes payment.

4. Order fulfillment and shipping process continues.