Best inventory control app? That works?

JustinNJ
Explorer
64 1 58

I can't seem to make any head way on this part of my conversion to shopify.

Basically my needs are the ability for me to set min/max quantities for each product. Create a po based on whats low stock and whatever I want to manually add. Receive a po and print a label for each product.

I tried stocky and there is no logical way to set the min/max stock numbers numbers. Support was useless.  The app has potential but seems to bloated with all sorts of useless junk and can't handle the basics.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Replies 10 (10)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

I can only discuss what we do so sorry can't provide other options.

We run our own product data platform and for our Shopify users we have a Purchase Order system which includes a restock report whereby it automatically adds products that fall below your low stock warning level. From there you can automatically generate PO's for suppliers the products are linked to and email them. The only thing I am unsure of is print label for each product so may need to clarify what you mean by that.

All the rest we already do can always make any tweaks if necessary. If you would like a demo just send me an email to tom@channelup.io

Regards

Tom

JustinNJ
Explorer
64 1 58

Hello Tom

Labels was in reference to a label applied by us for retail purposes. Containing part number/retail price/ bar code.

I can't find you app in the app store, got a link to it?

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

Our main app integrates with Shopify rather than through app store. You just register at channelup.io and connect your store. Once you do send me an email tom@channelup.io so I can get the guys to unlock your account caps and give you access to the PO and Restock functionality so you can test it out.

Regards

Tom

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi @JustinNJ,

Kritesh here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports may be able to help. We can create an inventory report that is filtered to show only variants that are below a particular threshold (or above it to see high stock products). This report can be scheduled to run automatically at regular cadence (say daily) to be used as a low-stock alert. This report can also be exported directly to Excel, csv or pdf.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll also get access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

JustinNJ
Explorer
64 1 58

This does not seem to do even the most basic tasks I need it to do.

JustinNJ
Explorer
64 1 58

Anyone else have an idea.

Is there really no app that does something this functional?

theplumberswife
Visitor
2 0 1

Did you find anything that worked?  I'm struggling with the same issue?

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Hey @JustinNJ you may have already found a solution here, though I'll add something into the mix for anyone else who might be facing this challenge. 

Check out SKUSavvy, which is a warehouse management system (WMS) for Shopify that will enable you to place purchase orders, check those orders into bin locations, confirm quantities to purchase via order volume, inventory history, and lead time. You can also generate or import barcodes and print them out for products and bin locations.

SKUSavvy will enable you to bring orders in across channels, and assemble visual pick lists which can be accessed on any device to scan items and bin locations as you pick orders. Once picked, SKUSavvy will take employees through a fulfillment flow to provide package suggestions and confirm items in each order before submitting L x W x H and weight to carriers so you can purchase a label and print it out automatically. 

For any merchant looking to improve inventory control and fulfillment rate efficiency, check it out and get your first 50 orders for just $10 a month, or get an estimate based on your order volume here.

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
403 20 58

You can take a look at StockBot Low Stock Alert app by StoreBuilder. With its free plan, you can track up to 200 products in your store – set low stock levels and get daily or weekly email updates with products that have reached these levels.

You can get full information about the best Shopify apps represented on the App Store here
https://whidegroup.com/blog/top-shopify-apps-part-1/,  https://whidegroup.com/blog/top-shopify-apps-part-2/ 

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

HorseCowboy
Shopify Partner
59 0 24

Hi Justin,

I would suggest trying out my app Horse for this. It doesn't even require you to set min and max, it figures that out for you based on your store's sales.

For label printing, can you explain what you mean? Labels for the boxes / cartons / cases or something else?

Check out why Shopify store owners are switching to Horse for all of their inventory management needs.