Best spend and save/stackable discount app

bethlrichards
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi everyone, it would be great to get some feedback on which apps are the best to be able to create 'Spend and Save' or stackable discounts in Shopify, for example:

Spend $50 get 10% off

Spend $100 get 15% off

Spend $150 get 20% off

Thanks in advance.

Replies 5 (5)

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

Bump!

I'll tell you which one NOT to try and that's Bold. Their discount app only seems to apply standard discounts, but if you want to stack discounts you'll need to install another app.

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

Hey @bethlrichards we tried Stackable over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales event and it went pretty well.  It has some nice customization options, but the best part was a widget that shows guests which Promo Codes are available and also shows how much they need to spend to get to the next best discount. It also automatically populates the code into their cart. Only work on your end would be to create the promo codes via Shopify.

The one downside we encountered was the in the checkout option where you only have two choices: have a unique promo code created per guest OR create a draft order with the discount. The first option takes your user create promo code, adds extra characters, and then creates another promo code in your discounts. This option clutters your discounts page and Shopify discount analytics. The second option creates draft orders for each checkout before processing. We use draft orders for manually inputted wholesale orders so we had to delete them after the sale otherwise it would mess with our wholesale sales data. This also makes your discount code analytics useless, but Stackable tracks code usage on their end.

We submitted feedback for them to add a third option that just populates the code into the cart as normal, but we'll see if that happens.

iCart_App
Shopify Partner
479 57 103

Hello @bethlrichards,

You can use the iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell app to give the discount based on the cart amount.

iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell App

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more visit www.identixweb.com

Mostafa_Kamel
Shopify Partner
22 0 7

Hi @bethlrichards ,

Please feel free to try DiscountYard app, customers can add multiple discounts from the cart and see what they are saving before going to checkout.

It also allows you to run multiple automatic discounts at once as well as tiered automatic discounts as your example:

Spend $150 get 20% off

Spend $100 get 15% off

Spend $50 get 10% off

App link: https://apps.shopify.com/coupon-stacker

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Derek_Morin
Shopify Expert
216 1 34

@bethlrichards Our app allows to build tiered discounts, such as explained in the video below:

The tiered discount can be applied automatically (like in the video above) or manually in the cart, like this example. You can also combine/stack the discounts, using our Custom deal feature.