What Shopify app allows for bundle creation on product pages?

cbear
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi there! 

I'm pretty much doing a copy and paste from another user that never found a solution to their question - but I'm looking for the same thing, and their question had the best verbiage for what I'm looking for.

I have a store that sells knitting patterns and yarn. I'm looking to add recommended yarns to the pattern pages to create bundle add ons. 

What I want is a product, e.g. "Pattern A". On this product you have the ability to add just the pattern to the cart or "build a bundle". In the same view you should also be able to choose variant 1: Size and then also a variant (color) for Yarn A and Yarn B and the quantity for each. The size option decides a recommended amount of Yarn A and Yarn B, e.g. size Small is 1 pcs of red Yarn A and 5 pcs of blue Yarn B. When adding to cart you add the downloadable pattern, 1pcs of red Yarn A and 5 pcs of blue Yarn B.

I have tried to browse through most bundle apps, but haven't come across any that support exactly what I need - I can't tell you how many I've added, tinkered around with, then ultimately deleted because they didn't do what I need. The important part here is ease of maintenance. If a new color of Yarn B is added, it should reflect into all kits. If a variant of Yarn A is out of stock, this shouldn't be possible to buy. If someone purchases 1 pc of red Yarn A and 5 pcs of blue Yarn B, then those numbers should be deducted from the stock of their individual products.

Here are a few examples of what I'm looking for:

https://www.yarnspirations.com/ca-en/caron-adult-knit-turtle-neck-pullover--xs-s/CAK0129-008066V.htm...

https://quinceandco.com/collections/patterns/products/fogo

https://brooklyntweed.com/collections/patterns/products/amabilis

Replies 4 (4)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

It looks like a variant setup for the most part. You should be able to set up the additional options as variant options.

In terms of inventory this would require better SKU management and you would probably need to bundle each variant up so it calculates the correct inventory upon purchase. Our bundling app does this as it allows you to define what a variant is made up of and splits it down when ordered so inventory is calculated correctly.

Correct me if I misunderstand but the inventory part is the limitation here as you could probably achieve similar designs to examples using options apps. However those apps don't track inventory correctly.

The one other issue that you might have is Shopify has a limit of 100 variants so if you have too many options they would need to be split not separate products to get around the limit. 

If you are interested in discussing inventory side of things then send me an email to tom@channelup.io to see if we could automate that side of data with our application.

Regards

Tom

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @cbear,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can you say which one's you've looked into that don't quite fit what you're looking for? I don't want to share them with you again if you've already tried them. You can see all the build a bundle apps in the Shopify App Store here and see if there are any you haven't researched yet that might work for you. 

Did you test out @productsync's app to see if it can do what you need also? 

Something to consider if none of the apps can do what you need is to look into having something custom built for you by a Shopify Expert. It would be a higher upfront cost, but it would be a one off cost and not a monthly charge like an app would be. You can see the Expert Directory here

Thanks, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
892 23 171

@cbear 

If you tested most bundle apps and they are not working for you, just look for custom development. Don't waste your time to test more. It usually means that the use case is unique for your category. Just find an expert to develop for you with the reference sites. 

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

EFOLI-Emilia7
Shopify Partner
289 9 37

@cbear  Have you found the solution yet?  If not, then check the Multivariants - Bulk Order app, it has the exact solution you are looking for.

With the app, customers can choose any variant size, then they can choose the colors for the selected sizes (e.g. size Small is 1 pcs of red Yarn A and 5 pcs of blue Yarn B). For each variant, your customer can pick different types of quantities. The amount of quantity that is added to the cart will be also deducted from the stock quantity. That means you can still track your inventory.

Apart from that, you can display the variants in different styles like List, Drop-down, Grid (table), and Swatch.

This app also allows you to set minimum-maximum order quantity per variant, and limit the variant for choosing. Here you’ll get four display options-select, list, swatch, and grid. So, you can choose any view which is preferable to you. 

Have a look at this Demo Product, you can choose a size, then choose colors from the available colors in that size, and select different quantities for different variants.  

MultiVariants Bulk Order.png

Emilia7 | eFoli
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants