Bundle Discount - how can I achieve this?

Bundle Discount - how can I achieve this?

uber
8 0 0

I have a shop with 100+ different products and they all come in same variant sizes and with the same prices. For example: 30ml costs 20€, 50ml costs 30€ and 100ml costs 40€. Now I want to achieve that when a customer orders 4 of the same variant from any (same or different) products, he gets 1 of them for free. For example, he orders 4 x 100ml of different products (all cost 40€ each), he gets one for free and so he pays only 120€ (instead of 160€) in total. Is there any app that can achieve this? The ones I have found seem to only achieve it within the same product.

Replies 7 (7)

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 50 89

Set an automatic discount to be applied for orders of 4+ products. In your case it would be a "Buy 4 get 1" discount.

See here (buy x get y): https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/discount-types
Otherwise there are apps that can do this, or it could be coded into the theme files if needed.

Good luck!

Don't hesitate to reach out for more help with your store.
SEE OUR TASK STORE or check us out via our profile! FREE STORE AUDIT

flippy130
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all,

This post is really amazing and want to share it in my circle. Is it possible to share it to specific platforms at a time like on scribd or facebook?

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps/bundle-discount-how-can-i-achieve-this/

uber
8 0 0

Thanks for your suggestions, but so far it's not exactly what I am looking for.

Simply put, I want if a customer has 4 items in his cart that all cost the same amount of money each (different products, it just matters that the price is the same), he gets one of them for free. If he puts 8 of those in his cart, of course he gets two of them for free, etc...

Any app that is able to do that?

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 50 89

You don't need an app, this is possible with Shopify's built-in "Buy X Get Y" as described in my comment above.

It can be based on price OR quantity of items. If you set it to "Buy 4 Get 1" they will receive one free product whenever they order 4 or more of the same item.

See attached. Good luck!

biznazz101_0-1690429431733.pngbiznazz101_1-1690429466211.png

uber
8 0 0

Thanks for your answer. While it is possible to achieve this without an app, I would have to check the specific products there one by one. As I have 300+ items and often adding/removing new ones, this solution would be too inconvenient.

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 50 89

You can do it by selecting entire collections as well not only single products. I don't know of an app that would be significantly better for this or I'd recommend one.

If you haven't sorted your products into collections, and want every current and future product added, create an 'automatic' collection of all products then you would select that when choosing the collection for the discount. (you can hide this collection in your store if you don't want shown)

Good luck

uber
8 0 0

Thanks again for your answer. The problem is, what I have described in my first post: Each of my products has three different variants / sizes. The discount should only apply when a customer buys x products of the same variant (same price). If I would just do automatic collections, afaik it would apply for the whole product (all variants), which wouldn't make any sense. Or am I missing anything here?