Can Shopify POS support a video game buyback or trade-in option?

CinnyGaming
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

We have a Shopify Site for our Video Game store and are considering switching to the POS for instore as our current POS won't be supported by end of year. As well as new Games/systems/collectibles we sell a lot of pre-owned videogames/systems and a few other used products, we buy theses back from our customers in trade for a store credit or cash value. The value we offer to customers for their games/products is variable based on the item, value in the market, how many we already have in overflow, as well as its condition or need for repair. We would only need the app for the POS portion of Shopify as we need to have full control of the trade process.

Unfortunately because of taxes using a normal return process won't work.

I've looked through the Shopify apps using different wording but can't find any apps for this situation. Looking through the forums I found mention of an app called Trade Orders that once existed but when I followed the link to the developers they talk about that app and it's more of a loyalty program for customers to quickly buy something without going through the regular checkout process. 

Does anyone know of a work around, an app that might work, or even a developer that might be able to make this for us?

Replies 11 (11)

zoer141020
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

We're currently developing a trade-in app specifically for Shopify merchants and believe our solution will deliver the functionality you're after. Happy to share more details if you're interested?

bookbundle
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello zoer,

I am interested in the app you are developing, can you send me more details on how it works

TheSportsShaq
Visitor
1 0 0

I am interested in information also

louorlando
Visitor
1 0 0

we are interested.  please email lou@echelonfit.com

zoer141020
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hi Lou

Wondering if you're still interested in a trade-in app for your Shopify store? Ours is now available - Tern Trade-in. I'd be happy to show you a demo if of interest

Zoe

starz
Visitor
3 0 0

Was this app ever developed?

CinnyGaming
Visitor
2 0 0

We ended up not pursuing it. Having found a POS (Alice) that would do trade ins in store and connects to our Shopify website for inventory updates. However I did receive an email from Propero interested in helping us create an app for Shopify to do it but only on the website side. Zoer141020 was also looking at doing a solution for trade-in/buy backs I would PM them directly.

zoer141020
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Yes!

It's available in the Shopify App store now, called Tern Trade-in.

I'd be happy to run you through a demo if that would be useful

Zoe

Harold01
Visitor
3 0 0

When considering whether to opt for a buyback or trade-in option for your old electronics, it's essential to weigh the pros and cons. A buyback program typically involves selling your device back to the manufacturer or retailer at a predetermined price, providing a convenient way to recoup some of your initial investment. On the other hand, a trade-in allows you to exchange your old gadget for a newer model. In recent years, some companies have started offering Cryptocurrency escrow services, adding an extra layer of security to such transactions. These emerging options are transforming the way we navigate the tech market, offering flexibility and new avenues for value preservation.

binjarsas33
Visitor
2 0 0

I also ordered sports supplements from Tokyo, and after that, I couldn't do anything for a few weeks. I was very sick, and I couldn't trust any company until the gym coach told me to try Peptides to get the quality tennis racqute by reading their article .

GunplaBox
Visitor
2 0 0

how did you integrate the wide Video game inventory with shopify? or do you list every game individually? is there an app? i know price charting will auto update the prices. but i havent found a way to make it easier yet. do you know?