Calling for Action: Shopify please Remove Reviews from Inactive Shopify Stores

Calling for Action: Shopify please Remove Reviews from Inactive Shopify Stores

resboss
Shopify Partner
34 0 6

As a Shopify app developer, I encounter a troubling trend almost daily: offers for fake reviews flooding my email and through the Shopify App listing contact page. Upon investigation, it's clear that a group from Pakistan and some other Middle Eastern countries are behind these schemes, creating fake stores that quickly become inactive after posting reviews on numerous apps.

That way they paid a subscription for 1 month and put 10's of reviews, earning a several times more money than 1-2 months subscription cost.

This issue undermines the integrity of app rankings and unfairly impacts genuine developers like us. I believe it's time for Shopify to take a stand by removing reviews on AppStore from inactive stores. This initiative would significantly improve the authenticity of app ratings and ensure that rankings reflect true user experiences.

Join me in advocating for this change. Let's push Shopify to implement policies that promote fairness and transparency in the app ecosystem. Together, we can create a better environment for developers and users alike.

I've reported several times on a few apps that I monitor (my competitors), but it seems there has been no reaction or sanction. Removing reviews from inactive stores will discourage app developers from purchasing them.

Reply to this topic if you are interested.

Also, share some ideas on how we can also improve app ranging...

Replies 0 (0)