Can I add custom links to the admin dashboard?

FreezClothing
2 0 0

My client is using "Request A Quote" app, and in order to see the "quotes", you must first go to "APPS" and then find the app.

Is there a way I can add a link/shortcut to the admin dashboard on the sidebar or anything? Ideally I would like it next to "ORDERS" if possible but I cannot find any way to do this

Replies 4 (4)
Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
430 36 81

@FreezClothing custom link in admin is not supported by shopify you must find it through apps!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Upwork
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @FreezClothing 

The Shopify admin is a universal layout for all Shopify merchants that is hardcoded within our platform. At this time, the admin layout cannot be customized for individual merchants. With that said, I'd be happy to pass this up to our developers as feedback for potential future implementation.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FreezClothing
2 0 0
Quite an oversight. Is there any way I can provide shortcuts or ANY alternative to clicking on APPS -> Request a Quote?

This is a wholesale website, quote based, orders are virtually pointless and I need QUOTES to be visible upon signing in to the admin dashboard
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

While it's not possible to make it faster to access that third-party party app from the Shopify admin other than the couple clicks it takes to select 'Apps' and then selecting the app from the list, I do have an alternative solution to speed up this process.

You can visit the app and then bookmark that page in your browser. Most browsers now have a 'bookmark bar' that displays for easy access to select your favorite bookmarks. You can save that bookmark to your browser's bookmarks bar. That way, no matter where you are, you simply click that bookmark and it will take you right into that app.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog