Solved

Can I cancel after getting charged the $1? I made a mistake!

EmpressMendez
4 0 0

I made 2 different stores and started paying for the one that isn't on the marketing for microsoft advertising. Is there any way I can cancel my free trial and go to the other store that I started previously? I don't know how else to fix the Microsoft channel marketing app..

Help! 😞

Accepted Solution (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @EmpressMendez!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

It sounds like you set up two stores, and want to cancel your subscription on one of them and go forward with your other store. Before doing so, may I ask what time of issues you are experiencing with the Microsoft channel marketing app? Are you receiving an error message?

In the meantime, If you'd still like to cancel your subscription, you will need to follow the steps below:

1. Log into your Shopify Admin
  2. Settings > Plans
  3. Under Plan details, click Deactivate store
  4. Click, Cancel Subscription

You can also follow along to our step by step guide, here. Then, you will need to log in to your previous store and select a plan to continue. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @EmpressMendez!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community Forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

It sounds like you set up two stores, and want to cancel your subscription on one of them and go forward with your other store. Before doing so, may I ask what time of issues you are experiencing with the Microsoft channel marketing app? Are you receiving an error message?

In the meantime, If you'd still like to cancel your subscription, you will need to follow the steps below:

1. Log into your Shopify Admin
  2. Settings > Plans
  3. Under Plan details, click Deactivate store
  4. Click, Cancel Subscription

You can also follow along to our step by step guide, here. Then, you will need to log in to your previous store and select a plan to continue. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

EmpressMendez
4 0 0

There are 3 in total and 2 of them are inactive. The microsoft channel marketing app has the name of one of the inactive store's instead of the active shop's name. In order to market for the active store I need to have its name, but have the inactive one's instead..hope that makes sense.

So, the store is inactive..how can I change the name to the active one in the microsoft channel marketing app?

EmpressMendez
4 0 0

Should I uninstall the app and try to re-install it and register the active store?

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

Hi again, @EmpressMendez!

Thank you for taking the time to share some additional information/

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your stores sorted out. You mentioned that the microsoft channel marketing app is still displaying an inactive store. You will likely need to create another Microsoft Merchant Center account as once you configure your store's name, you cannot change it. If it helps, you can uninstall and reinstall the app so that you are prompted to create an account. Feel free to refer to the help document here for more information. 

I also wanted to share a few more methods to drive traffic through social media advertisements through Facebook, Instagram and Google. These platforms allow you to curate highly targeted ad campaigns directly to your audience. For more information on this, along with a variety of marketing campaign ideas, check out our Shopify Blog here

Let me know how that goes! 

EmpressMendez
4 0 0

How do I create a new Microsoft Merchant Center account? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but it automatically connects to the shop that's inactive 

😞

developer-br
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi @Mac 

I'm encountering a similar issue and in need of some guidance. I recently utilized a trial period to learn more about Shopify, as I'm embarking on a career as a developer and was keen on mastering skills associated with the platform. Regrettably, my trial expired, and today I've been charged the full subscription fee. However, for the past two months, I haven't actively used any of Shopify's services.

I'm located in Brazil and facing difficulty in canceling my subscription without being charged for the full bill. I'm unsure of whom to contact for assistance in rectifying this matter. Could you please direct me to the appropriate channels or provide any guidance on how I can resolve this issue?

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1673 169 270

Hi, @developer-br!

Thank you for joining the thread.

I appreciate you for providing that additional context. To gather more information and provide you with the necessary support, we will need access to your account. However, please note that we are unable to offer account-specific assistance through the Community Forums at this time. However, we are more than happy to continue assisting you through our Help Center.

To access our live support, you can ask the Virtual Shopify Assistant to contact support. It will guide you through the next steps on how to connect with a team member who can assist you further.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues during this process.