Can I develop apps without a plus account?

bemissmith
Tourist
10 2 4

I am developing an app that requires inserting code into the checkout page.  As I understand it this is only available to plus accounts.  Since I am just an app developer and don't have a production account it seems I shouldn't need an expensive plus account.  Is there a request I can make to get access for development purposes only in a test account?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

What does your app do? Is this for the app store or something that you're building for a single merchant?

Checkout access isn't something that is granted without a good compelling story. It's not outside the realms of possible here, but don't expect it. I am curious about the need.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
bemissmith
Tourist
10 2 4

For obvious reasons I wouldn't want to give the exact premise of the app on a public forum but this is a public app we want to list on the app store.

This would be a validator type application that runs during the checkout process.  We insert some javascript that calls into our back end providing some data from the cart to validate and we show a popup to the customer if required.  Very similar to the way script tags work.