Can't add or delete collection tiles to the PoS app

rgutzmer
Tourist
4 0 8

Every time we try to add a collection to the PoS app, we get the rather generic error:
"Something went wrong."
"We weren't able to apply the changes for you and the grid will be reset to a previous state."

"Try again."

Can we track down what this error is?  In desperation, we tried deleting a collection tile, and got the same error.

Replies 6 (6)

rgutzmer
Tourist
4 0 8

I suppose I should mention that we're using PoS Pro.

7over
Excursionist
22 0 41

Update. When we try to "Reset the Grid" we get another similar error message that the Grid Cannot Be Reset. Try again.

The switch to "lock the grid" is not on.

We have killed the app and restarted it. Same result

We have hard reset the iPad. Same result.

We have tried adding both a manual collection as well as another smart collection. Same result.
We have tried to delete a tile and get the same "Something went wrong..." message. 

Sindle
Visitor
2 0 1

Our store is having the same issue! Only with one location, though. It's so odd. We've done the same thing and cannot find a solution. 

7over
Excursionist
22 0 41

I think we have a work around. I installed the Shopify POS plus app on my iPhone. I am able to edit the tiles without trouble on that device. Still can't do it on the iPad, regardless of which PIN / account I use for it. But the app works on the iPhone.

spanishtable
Visitor
1 0 0

We have the same issue and it is preventing the installation of an important app.  Hello @Shopify  - why no response to such an important issue?  No support post on this?  Not business grade support!!

Sindle
Visitor
2 0 1

Agreed! Super frustrating. I played around with our a lot & it seems to be either a software update issue or out of date hardware.

Try updating your device's software & then updating the app! I was eventually able to use the workaround @7over posted above on my newer iPad, and we were able to edit it from that device. We stopped having that issue recently when we updated all of our iPads to the most recent iOS & updated the app to the most recent version. Hope that helps!