FROM CACHE - en_header

Can't connect Oberlo with Aliexpress.

parkes262
1 0 0
Good morning Shopify community,

I processed a test order through the site to test the transaction process start to finish through Oberlo. 

When I attempt to fulfill the order using the Oberlo app I receive the following prompt. Upon clicking connect the page times out.

Untitled1.png

When I click on connect my page times out.

I attempted to link it up through the suppliers options section - if I click on register it just moves me straight through to my account? Don't know if it registered me or not? When I click connect through here page just times out.

Untitled2.png
Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Regards. 
Replies 4 (4)
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1479 152 273

Hi @parkes262

Have you been following our guide on how to Connect Your AliExpress Account to Oberlo?

I just followed the help doc there - Settings>Suppliers> Connect AliExpress and it takes me to Aliexpress to log in. Once I've done that it takes me back to Oberlo and shows this

So I don't see any reason for the page to time out, and there are no reports on the platform, meaning this is likely a localized issue. Could you tell me what browser you're using? And could you talk me through the steps you're taking, please?

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mysticalrosegem
1 0 0

I got the same thing today and it timed out maybe 8 times that I tried. I just kept trying and eventually it worked. 

Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1479 152 273

Hi @mysticalrosegem & @parkes262

I want to make you aware that Oberlo is being slowly shut down. We are sunsetting Oberlo on June 15, 2022, and transitioning how we enable drop shipping to a more optimal solution developed by a trusted Shopify partner, DSers. This product deprecation, which is a routine occurrence, is in pursuit of providing merchants with the best solutions to reach their customers wherever they are.

There's more information about this in our FAQ, but in essence, Oberlo chose to partner with DSers because they have all the features you need to continue to grow your business. DSers offers a tight integration with AliExpress, provides bulk order fulfillment, and has more than 150k merchants.

Oberlo worked closely with the DSers team to make the migration from Oberlo to DSers as seamless as possible. With the DSers app you can use the same core features as in Oberlo:

•  Import products from AliExpress to your Shopify store
  • Place AliExpress orders individually and in bulk
  • Set up automations through your settings

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SarahFbu
1 0 0

I am having the same issue with other platforms. I am unable to connect Aliexpress to anything.