Why can't I sign in to the Shopify Android app?

Genie
Visitor
3 0 0
I can't login to my Shopify android app. Before it said " you recently logged out, sign in or contact admin". Now it keeps saying "an error occured, please try again!"
Please Help!
Replies 42 (42)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Genie!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're facing trying to log in to the Shopify mobile app on Android. I'm happy to help out with some troubleshooting! Below I'll post some steps for you to work through. Please reply to this post to let me know how they go for you.

1. First, please double check that you're entering the correct email and .myshopify.com URL associated with the account. Please note, if you only have one email address associated with one .myshopify.com URL, it will not ask for the URL.
  2. Next, if you're certain you're entering the correct information, please try changing your password and then logging in again through the app. Click HERE for instructions on changing your password. 
  3. Third, please ensure your mobile device is updated to the latest available software, and then check that the mobile app is updated to the latest version. 
  4. If all of the above fail, then please reply to this post to let me know, and include a screenshot of the error you're getting, and also what device and software version you're running. 

Looking forward to hearing back, and hoping for positive results! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Genie
Visitor
3 0 0
I tried those steps and it still didn't work.
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @Genie!

Thank you for updating me. In this case, I'll need to get our technicians to take a closer look for us. Before we loop them in, I need the following information from you:

• screenshot of the error you're getting
  • what device and software version you're running

Please reply to this post with the above information, and as soon as I hear back we can start the escalation process. 

Genie
Visitor
3 0 0
Sorry is their an alternate email to uplaod the attachments
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @Genie!

Absolutely. I've sent you an email just now to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email with the information I requested above, and include your .myshopify.com URL. Once I hear back in the email and we've completed authentication, we can take the next steps to investigate. 

Looking forward to hearing back via email soon!

Vickycooper
Visitor
1 0 1

9F49C0DF-62B5-46A8-A909-999170E1C7AF.png

 what means this message when I try to access to my SHOPIFY POS APP ??  
I can’t have access to my store and make purchases ...this is unbelievable! Plus anybody knows how to find a solution. Can somebody help me ? 

Pauliner
5 0 0
My problem was easy.
The problem was thats i write: „myemail@gmail.com“
But i am regustered with
„Myemail@googlemail.com“

That was the reason why i cant log in.

I hope i could help you.
Sorry for my bad english.

Stay healthy
Jack_olson
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Ash, 

I am actually having the same problem and I’ve tried all of the steps you recommend to do yet none work. There is an error message saying failed to log in. The error code is 5b. I think it’s wanting me to log in to a different store that I created but no longer use. I could use some help. 

Thanks,

Jack

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Jack_olson!

Welcome to the Shopify Community, and welcome to the thread! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues logging into your store. I'm happy to help out. To give me a better idea of what's going wrong, could you please take a screenshot of the error message you're getting and send it to me in a reply to this thread? Also, could you please tell me the .myshopify.com URL for the shop in question? 

Looking forward to hearing back and continuing to assist. 

Jack_olson
Visitor
3 0 0
This is the error message
My shop URL is snapnchargeit.com

Jack_olson
Visitor
3 0 0

This is the error I’m getting

DF42A1FC-7590-466F-843C-9354A9FF4CA9.jpeg

 My URL is snapnchargeit.com

niascosmetics
Visitor
1 0 0

1290A682-1D4C-4344-8C65-FE612B401E0A.png

 hey, i can’t log in and it’s saying this

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Jack_olson!

Thank you for the screenshot and for letting me know your custom domain name. When I try to visit the domain snapnchargeit.com, it appears that the domain is not yet linked to a Shopify site. Could you please reply back and let me know your full .myshopify.com URL? Also, could you please try logging into your account on a non-mobile browser to see if you're able to gain access? 

@niascosmetics, welcome to the thread, and also to the Shopify Community! I'm sorry to hear you're also having some issues logging into your account. From the screenshot you shared, it appears that you may not have access to the shop you're trying to log into. Are you the Account Owner of that shop, or are you a staff member? Also, have you been able to log into the account in the past? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you both! 

Aedollhouse
Visitor
1 0 0

There’s like a troubleshoot or glitch going on when I try to reconnect Shopify Facebook. It won’t even let me continue after I download it from my sales channel. I been trying to crust connect my Shopify account with my Facebook business page for months now and nothing is working. It’s preventing me from doing Facebook and Instagram ads and also sell stuff from these sites. 

mrbarrows24
Visitor
1 0 0

It looks like you don't have access to this store. Contact the store administrator for access.

Triibe_shop
Visitor
2 0 0

I need assistance for this same problem.

Pauliner
5 0 0
I fixed my problem.
It was easy 😄
Triibe_shop
Visitor
2 0 0
How did you fix your mobile app?
Pauliner
5 0 0

My problem was easy.
The problem was thats i write: „myemail@gmail.com“
But i am regustered with
„Myemail@googlemail.com“

That was the reason why i cant log in.

I hope i could help you.
Sorry for my bad english.

Stay healthy

aqif
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Ash I have issue regarding integrating an app into my shopify store. I had integrated besecure app to my shopify store but the app demands me to connect login app. Can you please tell me that what actually is "Login App" and how can i login into it.

TheDeskManager
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem and gives me the same error.

If i can get assistance it would be great!

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @TheDeskManager!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues logging into the Shopify Mobile App. I'm happy to help out. If you scroll up on this post, you will see my initial reply to the original forum post. That reply included a number of troubleshooting steps to take that will usually resolve this issue. Can you please go through those steps and let me know how it works out for you? If the first 3 steps don't resolve the issue, then as stated in step 4, please reply to this post to let me know and include a screenshot of the error you're getting, as well as what device and software version you're running. 

Looking forward to hearing back, and I hope these steps allow you to log in through the mobile app! 

DBarnaud
Visitor
1 0 0

I also have this problem. It say's I've been logged out of flappieolifant.myshopify.com, however I do not want to login to this store since the ownership has been transferred to someone else. I want to login to jouwknuffel.myshopify.com, but since it all falls under the same email I can't choose this webshop. I went through all your steps and it still didn't work. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

TheDeskManager
Visitor
2 0 0

Sorry for the late answer but i have actually fixed my problem. I've just reinstalled the Shopify app and it was all good.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @TheDeskManager!

Thank you for replying back here with the update! I'm glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the Shopify app did the trick for you. Feel free to reply back here, or start a new thread if you ever need further assistance from the Shopify Community! 

Zsusanna_Varga
Visitor
3 0 0
hi,

I have gkt the same issue. Changed phone from iPhone to android now downloaded the app and cannot log in. Tried a few times, Changed password all sorts but still not happening. Would appreciate some help please.
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Zsusanna_Varga!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing a similar issue logging into your Shopify mobile application. I'm happy to help out! Earlier in this thread I posted some troubleshooting steps to work through. I'll post them again here for you to refer to and work through. Please reply to this post to let me know how they go for you.

1. First, please double check that you're entering the correct email and .myshopify.com URL associated with the account. Please note, if you only have one email address associated with one .myshopify.com URL, it will not ask for the URL.
  2. Next, if you're certain you're entering the correct information, please try changing your password and then logging in again through the app. Click HERE for instructions on changing your password. I realize you've already tried this, but it may be worth trying again to ensure we complete the full list of troubleshooting steps.
  3. Third, please ensure your mobile device is updated to the latest available software, and then check that the mobile app is updated to the latest version. 
  4. If all of the above fail, then please reply to this post to let me know, and include a screenshot of the error you're getting, and also what device and software version you're running. 

I hope to hear back with successful results soon! 

augustapb
Visitor
2 0 0

Same issue here. All was fine until I had to change my password and now i cant use the app. This error shows up. I have tried many many times. Pls help!

fullsizeoutput_60ab.jpeg

ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2
Hi, I spoke at great length with Shopify support to resolve this problem.

Their conclusion was: "It is the hardware / device fault. Please do a hard
reset: bring the device in its original factory stare (meaning all apps and
data gone), and reinstall everything, including the Shopify App."

Needless to say that I haven't tried this as yet.

I do think that the Shopify app, can be modified to avoid this behavior.
augustapb
Visitor
2 0 0
Hey! Terrible answer from Shopify. I will not reformat my phone because of an issue they are having with their app. Too bad. You say the Spopify app can be modified. What do you mean by this and how can I manage it? Thnks!
ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2
Oops, meant to say: Shopify can darn well modify their app to catch this
behavior.

But, although I have seen others having this issue ... this doesn't seem to
be high on their priority list.
Shankar_Ind
Visitor
1 0 0

When I click on login --> It shows the right account --> Once i click on my account... it loads and takes me to the login screen again! Nothing else happens. Sequence is as shown below -- 

😞WhatsApp Image 2020-09-07 at 9.01.58 AM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-07 at 9.01.58 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-07 at 9.01.58 AM.jpeg

1. Deleted user data

2. uninstalled the app and reinstalled

But it's still the same. Please help. 

ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2
Yep, precisely my experience as well.

Shopify's support's advice is: a hard factory reset of your mobile, wiping
all apps, all data, everything. I haven't tried that as yet.
Pauliner
5 0 0

I im from germany, (sorry for my bad english)

i have the same problem.

today i get my complete new tablet (Android).

i want to use it as a POS System.

first app i install was Shopify

second app i install was shopify pos.

i cant login! 
i tried everything like u guys.

refresh passwort, delete apps.....

i dont work!

on my iphone and laptop it work!

PLEASE SHOPIFY FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Pauliner
5 0 0

I FOUND THE PROBLEM AND NOW ALL WORKS!

thats funny....

i write „patrickpauliner@gmail.com“

but my shopify acc is named“

“patrickpauliner@googlemail.com“

not everything works 😄

Dnoravian
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same exact issue. App redirects to the log in screen over and over. This issue just started for me. Desktop works fine, but app is messed up. I have re-installed 3 times with no luck. Please help

ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2

The advice from Shopify was:

1. It is due to your phone, not the software.
  2. Do a hard reset of your phone ... reinstall ... 

Obviously, this is rubbish. 

ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2

Guess what ... somehow, mysteriously, without me going through a hard set ... it decided to work again !

Makes me think Santa Claus does exist and comes earlier every year. 

ptelintel
Tourist
7 0 2

In the Shopify Mobile App on Android I am going around and around between the login screen and screen with choice of accounts to login.

I updated the OS, deleted the user data, reloaded the App several times, rebooted the mobile several times: problem persists).

I loaded the shopify app on an old spare phone: it worked there (except for teh switching between my shops, which has become switching of accounts ?). 

Any suggestions ?

orsolyahajnali
Visitor
1 0 0

I also can't log in to my shopify account 

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @orsolyahajnali!

The previous posters in this thread have been experiencing issues logging into the Shopify mobile app. Could you please clarify if that is the same issue you're currently facing? If so, please review the troubleshooting steps in my previous reply on this thread, and then reply back to this message with your results. 

If this is an issue of logging into your Shopify account as a whole, then I'd like to get some more information on what exactly the problem is. If you're unable to log into your Shopify account at all, could you please reply back here and send me a screenshot of any errors you're receiving, or what page you reach when you try to log in? 

celeraccesories
Visitor
1 0 0

I also have this problem and i tried all the steps its not working where can i sende the screenshot of the error