Can't remove products from eBay Sales Channel...? Still show in Unpublished Listings on every sync

PBV
Tourist
9 0 5

Hey guys,

I am trying to clean up my eBay sales channel but it seems that lots of stuff is syncing there that isn't even published to the eBay sales channel... Today I had a bunch of "Draft" products get pushed out to eBay and I can't seem to get rid of items that I have unpublished from my eBay sales channel. I even removed all of the "ready to publish" items and then unpublished all of my draft items from all sales channels. Now when I run a sync they all come back on the "ready to publish" list of items. It's really frustrating to say the least. Anyone run into this?

Replies 6 (6)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Hey, @PBV!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you for reaching out to our network and connecting with us. Are you still experiencing issues with unwanted items publishing and incorrect syncing to the eBay sales channel? If so, that is certainly not expected behaviour and something that needs to be investigated deeper. 

I encourage you to connect with eBay support for further assistance. Ebay actually offers a dedicated support team (separate from their general support) for the Shopify eBay sales channel that can be reached via:

eBay Sales Channel Support

Email: help@connectebaysupport.com

Phone: 1 (855) 411-3376

As this team specializes in this integration they will have the tools and access necessary to troubleshoot this correctly. Please continue to keep us posted in this thread for future viewers and for any additional support you require from Shopify's end.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SamSaron32
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

Was your issue fixed? was ebay able to help you with the issue or any solution ?

Thanks

PBV
Tourist
9 0 5

It is still an issue. I have adjusted my workflow to always do a sync after releasing my draft products each week but it is not ideal and will limit me at times. I did try to open a support request with eBay but never got a response. It seems they don’t have any resources for support… 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Thank you for that update, @PBV

Since you have been experiencing this issue since April, I would really like to ensure that you get the support that you need so you can focus on growing your business and we will take care of the rest.

You mentioned that you tried to connect with eBay support, can you clarify if it was using the phone number or email address I provided above? If so, can you clarify which method you have used?

I look forward to your reply,

PBV
Tourist
9 0 5

Just thought I'd follow back up and provide the community with an answer for this since it was very confusing...

eBay support for the eBay channel responded back to me that Shopify asked for them to completely ignore the channel association for the eBay channel. It doesn't do anything. This means that regardless of whether your products are published to the eBay channel or not they will be included in the sync. If you are like me and you use draft items in your store to prepare product drops those products will constantly be making their way into your eBay pushes for the week. I had to change my workflow to not sync my products until after we do a draft product push out. This limits my options for using draft products over the long term. Far from ideal.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Thank you for providing that update, @PBV.

This is a very important distinction for other users that also work with drafts to prepare products in conjunction with eBay. I understand this disrupts your existing workflow, so I wanted to offer another alternative.

Have you considered editing product availability to exclude the eBay sales channel while it is in draft mode as such:

26-20-5122-70821

I'm not sure if you've already explored this, but I wanted to offer this workaround in case it helps.

Warm regards,