Solved

Can't Set up Facebook Marketing

achackungal
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, I have a personal ad account, my business page is published, and I connected it to my Business Manager account. But I still keep getting this error message when trying to connect an ad account: This personal ad account couldn’t be connected because you never ran ads with this ad account. You need to create a new ad account inside the connected Business Manager or use a different one.

I've tried everything and don't know what to do, please help.

Accepted Solution (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @achackungal,

Have you ever run any ads from your personal ad account outside of the business manager? If you created an ad account for your business then you still have a separate personal ad account that came with your personal Facebook account that might have a small balance riding on it that you forgot, or that you just unintentionally billed to that ad account when setting up a campaign at some point.

When you run Facebook ads, you’ll be prompted to add a payment method before you can publish a new ad. You can add new payment methods to your ad account and manage them from your Payment Settings. Follow the guides below to add a new payment method to your Ad Account:

Note: If your Ad Account is post-paid, you can't change this after creating the ad account. You will need to make a new ad account in your business manager that's pre-paid in order to add a new primary payment method.

Once you have successfully added a payment method to your Ad Account you can go ahead and create a Facebook ad campaign in Shopify by following the instructions below:

I do hope this helps!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @achackungal,

I'll be happy to help you out with this.

This error tends to occur when the wrong ad account is connected to Shopify. In order to fix this, you'll need to disconnect it and connect the correct ad account that's associated with your business page (or create a new one).

To confirm that the ad account is associated with the correct Business Manager, you'll want to go to your Facebook Business Manager > Business settings > ad account tab, confirm the ad account ID and Business Manager ID in the URL. And confirm that the ad account is not owned by a different Business Manager:

21-09-phkub-0hnmk

From Ads Manager, confirm that the ad account is not owned by a different Business Manager ID. Looks like:

21-09-je168-8mwnw

If the Ads account is not owned by the correct Business Manager account then you can follow Facebook's help guide on how to add an ad account here:

You can't add an ad account to a Business Manager if:

• You have already added a personal ad account to the Business Manager. You can only add one ad account from your personal Facebook account into Business Manager. Instead, you can create a new ad account in Business Manager or you can request access to another ad account.

• The ad account you're trying to add has already been added by another business. An ad account can only be owned by one Business Manager. Instead, you can request access to the ad account.

• You've reached your ad account limit for adding new ad accounts to your business. There's currently no available option to request more ad accounts. Your ad account limit increases based on your advertising spend. Learn how to view your ad account limit in Business Manager.

• The ad account is a prepaid ad account. Prepaid ad accounts can be added to Business Managers only if they're from certain locations.

If you have any issues connecting your ad account to your business manager then you'll need to reach out to Facebook Support:

Resources

Have you had the chance to explore the free resources we offer to help you up-level your business? Shopify Compass is my favorite resource for video courses, tutorials, and live workshops. There is always new content added, and you can learn many important subjects, from marketing to goal setting.

I found a great course on Facebook Ads where you’ll get exclusive access to four of CEO and advertising experts Ezra Firestone’s top-performing ad creative and campaigns:

I’d also highly recommend looking into Facebook Blueprint where you can discover online learning courses, training programs, and certifications that can help you get the most out of Facebook marketing platforms.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

achackungal
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, thank you for your help! When I look at the ad account tab it say: Shopify Business Manager doesn't have any ad accounts yet. When I try to add my ad account it says: This personal ad account can't be added to Business Manager because a payment has not been made. Make your first payment and try again, or create a new ad account in Business Manager instead.

How do I go ahead and make that payment?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @achackungal,

Have you ever run any ads from your personal ad account outside of the business manager? If you created an ad account for your business then you still have a separate personal ad account that came with your personal Facebook account that might have a small balance riding on it that you forgot, or that you just unintentionally billed to that ad account when setting up a campaign at some point.

When you run Facebook ads, you’ll be prompted to add a payment method before you can publish a new ad. You can add new payment methods to your ad account and manage them from your Payment Settings. Follow the guides below to add a new payment method to your Ad Account:

Note: If your Ad Account is post-paid, you can't change this after creating the ad account. You will need to make a new ad account in your business manager that's pre-paid in order to add a new primary payment method.

Once you have successfully added a payment method to your Ad Account you can go ahead and create a Facebook ad campaign in Shopify by following the instructions below:

I do hope this helps!

achackungal
Tourist
3 0 0

Thankk you, I got it now!

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

My pleasure @achackungal, don't hesitate to reach back out if you require any further assistance as you continue to work on your store!

All the best,

Nosirrah08
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have been having the same issue for a while now. I want to add my ad account to my business manager, but it keeps giving me the same error message:

"This personal ad account can't be added to Business Manager because a payment has not been made. Make your first payment and try again, or create a new ad account in Business Manager instead." 

I have added payment methods to my account, and I have no outstanding balances. I don't know what it wants me to pay for, since I haven't run any ads yet. I have tried everything, but still nothing is working! Please advise!

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Have you followed along with the suggestions in the thread above @Nosirrah08? I highly suggest reviewing the document below to ensure your account meets the requirements:

Often, this error also occurs if the Ads account is not owned by the correct Business Manager. Also, ensure that the payment method you're trying to add is an accepted payment option for Facebook ads:

@achackungal, would you kindly share with us how you were able to resolve this same error? Thanks!

Madmooredigan
Visitor
1 0 0

how did you fix this? im having the same issue an di have never ran any ads before

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

If you've never run ads with your personal ad account @Madmooredigan, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook Ad campaigns. You can learn more here about Business Manager and ad accounts from the Facebook Ads Help Center.

KhanMart
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, I ran a couple of ad campaigns from my personal ad account; you know, the one that comes with your facebook business, that is not part of the business manager account. Now, when I am trying to integrate my business manager account with shopify, it gives me the option "connect" with that personal ad account. But, when I press it, it says that the ad account has to be part of the business manager account so create a new one and add payment details, to be able to integrate ad account. So, I went in there, created an ad account in my manager account, added and verified the payment details with that new ad account, but then, nothing happens. Like, it still gives me this option of connecting personal ad account, which it doesnt allow once I click, or ask me to create new, which I have created. There is no option in the interface after once you have created that new account. Should I deactivate my personal ad account, to see whether that would somehow prompt Shopify to offer me option for the new ad account I made in Business Manager? Like, what do I do?

BryanFerrer
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi 

I have the same issue but I was not able to follow. The layout of the site is different now or probably in mine.

Please see photos:

F8BCA90A-3FBA-4D9B-AEBE-7DC9546D2E04_1_201_a.jpegD22B19AA-102B-467C-A917-83652A381F7F_1_201_a.jpeg 

Earlier on the first photo there was a "deactivate ad payment" which i did. So I copied my personal id on the upper right and pasted it (See second photo). But as you can see there is still an error. Help Please.

WM11
Excursionist
19 1 1

Same here. I tried everything. Restricting ad accounts makes every solution difficult. I am really shocked at how a potential platform like Facebook implements such idiot automation, where neither rules nor logic can apply. A real mess.

Finally, I decided to use my relative's ad account, and it worked, yet the pixels always show errors. That's very stupid.

Furthermore, any change in the product reveals further errors and further restrictions. really annoying. I got traffic, but without analytics!