Can you enable the Shop channel on your store if you are using Stripe?

Soco
Tourist
27 0 1

A lot of my customers use Shop and I was interested when I saw the Shop channel. I have stripe and shop pay is enabled and working so will the shop channel also work for me?

Shop channel.jpg

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Soco!

If you navigate to Sales Channels > Shop > Settings, and view the Shopping section, are you able to see your eligibility status? It may also have a checklist within the same section, that tells you why your store might not be eligible.

Have you also checked the Shop Merchant Guidelines, to see if your store meets all of the requirements? One of the requirements is that your store would need to have Shopify Payments enabled, and since you mentioned that your store is using Stripe, this may be why Shopping is currently disabled for your store's account. In saying this, if your store meets all of the other requirements listed, you can get in contact with our Shop App support team here, and we can take a closer look at your account from our end. Alternatively, you can also choose to email us at help@shop.app.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Soco
Tourist
27 0 1

Okay and what about for Google Pay? Can I use that with stripe? I am getting notified about it on the Shopify home page but not sure if Stripe has Gpay. I know it has Apple pay but not sure about Gpay.

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@Soco

Although our native Shopify Payments payment gateway is powered by Stripe, if your store connects directly to Stripe for your payment gateway then this would instead be supported by Stripe rather than Shopify. This is because Stripe is a third-party payment provider, and as such you'll be best to query Stripe to see if they offer Google Pay integration. By looking at Stripe's documents here however, it looks like Google Pay is fully compatible with Stripe’s products and features, though you can reach out to Stripe's support team here to confirm.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog