Cancelling a paid app

Christopher_Wan
1 0 3

I would like to cancel and remove a paid app that I have decided to no longer use.  Do I just delete the app, or do I need to do something else to cancel the billing?

Replies 13 (13)
Genevieve_Shan1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 25

Hey there Christopher!

Genevieve from Shopify here 🙂 

To cancel a paid app you just need to delete it by selecting "Remove this app" from the apps option menu on your admin apps page, like so: 

Ordinarily you will find one final charge for the app on your next invoice. This is because, while you get charged for your Shopify subscription and apps in one invoice, the billing cycles are almost always out of phase with one another. As a result, you pay for apps partly in advance and partly in arrears each month. You can find a more extensive explanation of this here: 
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/account/invoices#app-fees

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

chrism530
Tourist
3 0 4

What if im still on my trial period? I literally just installed an app today and found a better app. They both have 7 day free trials. I deleted the first app i downloaded today. Would i still get charged after 7 days? Thanks

Scruffy
Tourist
10 0 14

If you cancel during the app trial period, you will not be charged.

GuiGui
1 0 1

how can i cancel VITALS app before trial ends? that could help, i dont want it..... but can't find where to cancel it...... its not in my shopify apps.... ??

Shopify Partner
11 0 0
Just delete the app. That will do it
Scruffy
Tourist
10 0 14

Deleting the app will stop future charges however it possibly doesn't completely remove all code from your theme. Best to reach out to the actual app developer and get some direction on how to remove any code the app may leave behind in your theme files.

Shopify Partner
11 0 0
That is correct!!

KramV
Tourist
4 0 1

As long as there are no longer codes with regards to charging me before my trial period ends, I guess it's fine right? I don't care about their codes be left in my theme. I just don't want them to bill me before my trial ends. 

hayden0001
1 0 0

if i delete will the reviews disappear?

Dolla
1 0 0

What happens if I close my store while I’m on a free trial for a third party app like loox

shermine1190
2 0 0

hello, so does that mean after you remove the paid app from your app list in dashboard, you will need a final charge and will not be charge anymore after that? 

cosmeticalb
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

Yes once the app is deleted there will be no charge. Apps and shopify subscriptions are all charged in one billing cycle but as the dates are almost always different to when you signed up to each, there may be a final charge after removing the app. After this final charge you should see no further. 

Hope that helps 

RedCherry
2 0 1

I deleted and wrote an email to a paid app. to their support team, a week before plan charges and still the app is current and was charged for another month. Now Ive written again adding the Shopify Support which is not not taking needed support tickets and still not answer. what should I do Now?