What's the best alternative for a cart hold during a Shopify flash sale?

mb976
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi All

We are having a flash sale of around 300 unique products. We have done this before and used Conversion Plus from Varinode to manage customers being able to reserve a number of products and then check out without fear of having items bought from under them. This app is no longer available and the only other Cart Hold app (Reserve Cart) has really bad reviews.

I understand Shopify's position that the inventory is only reserved once the payment process is started but in our use case it makes for a very bad customer experience (we sold out in the first hour last time we ran the sale)

Has anyone ever found a better solution to this? I am even happy to re-platform and build a small sale site elsewhere if needs be.

We would really appreciate any help people can offer on this....cheers!

Reply 1 (1)

Bigpauli70
Visitor
3 0 0

Have you tried the partial payment system! This is what I am looking at using as I may have to limit the number of orders I will take in on my flash sale! Some apps that allow this has an automatic button that will switch from buy to pro order once your inventory is out of stock. There is also a place you will have to check to allow sales to continue without inventory!