Can Shopify enable easy product bundling for skate shops?

SmoothChicken
Visitor
1 0 1

I run a skate shop and am looking for a way to bundle products so that people who may not know all the components required can build a board. I'm coming from Magento, where bundle products were super easy to create.

eg: Skateboard Deck A is given options of 3 price tiers for the remaining required parts (trucks, wheels, bearings, hardware). They choose what price point they want and don't have to sit there staring at the site wondering what else they may need.

I can do this now kind of without an app, but it requires me to be one with all of the inventory at all times and that's super stressful. Something to link the stock would be magical.

I have tried 3 apps (bundable, bundles, selly united) to do this, but they do not allow me to link multiple collections, only products within a collection, or just all the products which doesn't solve anything.

cheers,

Mike

Replies 7 (7)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey Mike

If your variants are actually a bundle of products than our bundling app might be able to help you.

It lets you define the components of each variant and when an order is received for one we split the order lines back to the components so you can fulfil and manage inventory as per normal.

If you would like to test it out just send me an email and can get the team to guide you with setup - tom@channelup.io

Regards

Tom

Taylie
7 0 0

Hi there, 

I have tried Simile’s Smart Bundles app can help increase your average order values with 'frequently bought together' product bundles.
The great thing about this app is that the AI will automatically generate bundles based on existing sales data. You won’t have to manually create any product bundles!  
However, if you want to have more control over the products as well as the number of products per bundle, such options are available through the paid plans.
The app is automated to stay up to date with your inventory with little to no intervention required. 

Cheers, and hope it helps! 

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

Hey @SmoothChicken 

I tried to play with Magento / WooCommerce before. They support 'product group' or different product types by default. So bundling is much easier. 

In Shopify, there is only 1 type of product. so bundling is harder. I'm building an app that allows the customers to select any X product(s) from collection A, any Y product(s) from collection B. Get a discount (Percentage %, fixed-price or fixed-amount off) if the bundle conditions are fulfilled. 

Here is a simple demo for your reference: https://benny-test-store.myshopify.com/products/start-your-winter-with-skis-bundle

Let me know if it's relevant to your use case. Or you can simply give me any feedback. The app is currently under Shopify approval. I'm happy to gather  more feedback and iterate!

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

alexgreen
Shopify Partner
75 1 9

Hey @SmoothChicken,

With PickyStory you can bundle products together from multiple collections and mix them the way you desire. You can also create Product Kits and offer tiered pricing to your customers. Here's an example:

alexgreen_0-1621514449493.png

You can also take advantage of Shop the Look offers and showcase a skateboard next to the individual components (products).

alexgreen_1-1621514555733.png

Alex

Alex Green | PickyStory
Make irresistible offers with PickyStory.

emiliet
6 0 0

SmothChicken,

Did you find a way to list dynamic bundles like we used to do in Magento?

I have all my simple products imported in Shopify and try to build kits.

Ideally we need to keep the dynamic pricing so we only have to edit the simple product pricing to update the dynamic pricing in all bundles at once.

Keep me posted.

Emilie

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey Emilie

Do you mean you want the bundle price to be the sum of the component prices? We have been looking at automating this process to remove the need for users to adjust pricing.

Regards

Tom

emiliet
6 0 0

Yes, In Magento you only have to chance the pricing on the simple product and all your bundle dynamically adjust to the new pricing.

When you create bundles you can choose dynamic pricing or overwrite with a new pricing and pricing rules can also be applied