Can you color code orders in Shopify admin for easy tracking?

Toplightco
Tourist
7 0 3

Would love to color code the Orders in the admin page so that I could see at a glance which need further action of some sort...

Replies 5 (5)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @Toplightco!

That is a great idea, and I can definitely see the value here! While this is not a current feature, I can submit this idea to our team internally for review - so it may become a feature in the future!

As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So once I submit this as a feature request on your behalf, our team can review the request. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future. While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there.

Can I ask more about how you are currently managing your orders? I'd love to learn more about your business! 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Toplightco
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi 

Yes the request for Color Coding the Orders within the Orders admin area is something I could use to denote the Status at a glance on Orders that need some sort of further action e.g. for US to get back to a Customer with news about In Stock dates, Collect Payment for Draft Orders, anything that needs an eye keeping on.

I know I can search for this type of thing but it would help when opening Shopify to have this info at a glance.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Andrew

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

I can definitely understand the need for this! There is not much I can suggest at the moment to further streamline this process, but you could always look into Stock Alert Notification apps to alert your customers automatically of incoming stock levels? Automating this task might save you some time! The other option you have is to export your orders via CSV file into a spreadsheet (I'd recommend Google Sheets ) so you can colour code and organise from the sheets. This would allow you more options to sort through your orders quickly.

I've submitted this as a feature request on your behalf, so it may be something we could offer in the future! Let me know your thoughts on the workaround I've suggested, happy to chat further.

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tfitzp
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi was there any update on this? I can't see anything in announcements, but it's something we could really do with. 

Thanks.

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
397 13 56

There's a chrome extension here but it doesn't seem to be working for me right now:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/color-code-shopify-orders/bdfdcnjgedlgfjpdicdglofmkpggdjmd...

Kalen Jordan
Platform Advocate
MESA - Shopify Automation You've Love