Computer Building Customizations/Options

SoaringPC
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am starting a custom computer building company, and as part of my business, I want to allow customers to custom design their own computer by selecting from a list of parts with images. I have been looking for a bit, but I would love if someone could recommend me a Shopify app/tool/feature that would allow me to do this. 

I would want the app to adjust an image based on what a customer selects (ex. user selects a particular case by clicking on the name, and the preview adjusts based on the selection. It would also be great to be able to have basic conditional logic for the options.

Please, if you have ANY idea or suggestion, please let me know by replying to this thread, it would help greatly to hear from anyone, really!

Replies 6 (6)

renteas
Shopify Partner
50 0 8

Hi @SoaringPC , 

You could definitely build a great computer configurator, give your customers a product preview and update the pricing dynamically with MyCustomizer.

Take a look at this client who is selling customizable keyboards with MyCustomizer : https://altcustoms.com/

Feel free to schedule a quick call with our team if you would like to learn more about our solution.

Best, 

Renaud

eFoli-Trapa
Shopify Partner
182 11 15

Hello @SoaringPC

I am still not clear about your query. Do you want your customer to choose the parts according to their need or a design lab where they can add design to the parts?

If you want to add your computer parts as your variants and let your customer choose their preferable one from the product page then you can use MultiVariants - Bulk order. Add the different parts of your computer as variants of your product and those variants will come up on your product page with the picture that you have added in your Shopify products variants. From the product page, your customer will be able to choose their preferable parts and buy those parts.

Here is a Demo Product attached for your better understanding. If you click on the picture you will see a bigger picture will come to your display.

But if you want a design lab where your customer can add custom designs then you can use INKYBAY. There you will find customization tools to design it the way your customer wants.

Also, this application has tons of features like Inventory Management, Predefined templates, Product Options Etc.

Here is a Demo Product for your better understanding.

Multivariants Bulk Order AppMultivariants Bulk Order App

Product Customization App, customize different partProduct Customization App, customize different part

Trapa | EFOLI
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants

Campionk
Shopify Partner
37 0 4

Hi @SoaringPC - I have this exact same need with customers selecting a list of compatible parts. How did you solve this?

Thanks!

ExpertDev
Shopify Partner
10 1 1

Hi there,

We build a similar requirement for customer and specific for custom PC builder 
https://miraclewebsoft.com/custom-pc-builder-for-shopify

DOVBL
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you see parts that are out of stock? And is it possible to grey out incompatable parts, example: I select Ryzen 5 7600x cpu, can it remove intel motherboard options?

ExpertDev
Shopify Partner
10 1 1

Hi @DOVBL 

Thanks for your message.

This is custom development but yes we can do compatible features as well.  Currently we not showing the out of stock items but we can show that if needed.