How to solve Instagram shop connectivity issues?

kebonyj
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I just connected my Shopify store to my Facebook and now I am attempting to connect it to my Instagram shop. It sees the account and everything is connected but it's saying the account is not eligible because "Instagram shopping isn't available for my account." But it is because I started a shop already.. should I delete what's on there and start fresh? Please assist. 

Replies 2 (2)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hi @kebonyj.

Sorry to hear that you're running into issues with the configuration of Instagram Shopping. I'd be more than happy to help you out with this.

When it comes to eligibility for Instagram Shopping, this is something determined by Facebook/Instagram directly, and Shopify doesn't have insight to their processes. For now we can only tell if the merchant has been approved or rejected. Regrettably, we are not provided with any more information on why you may not be eligible.

The first thing I would recommend you do here is to check here is to ensure your Instagram account has been set up correctly and respects all commerce eligibility requirements as listed here. It's always a good idea to check the commerce eligibility requirements to make sure you are fully compliant. In addition to that, I would also ask you to double-check that:

• Your products have been set to 'available' on the Facebook and Instagram.
  • Make sure you have converted your Instagram account into a business account.
  • Ensure you have the latest update of the Instagram app.

After you ruled out the above steps, the next best step here would be to request a review directly with Facebook. You can submit an appeal at this link. Another workaround that has worked for others in the past is to uninstall the Instagram sales channel and reinstalling it again. This allows Instagram to review your store and refresh the sync. To do this you can click on Settings > Sales channels and click the trash icon next to Facebook. We also have a great course about building your Brand on Instagram in Shopify learn that I thought you might be interested in. These courses are also free, so check it out when you have time!

Hopefully you find these tips helpful, any questions happy to take a look.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

fashionfix
Visitor
1 0 0

EDIT: Found the fix for anyone having this issue.

1. Uninstall the Facebook channel on your shopify

2. Go to the facebook business manager commerce section > click settings at the bottom left > then click assets> then scroll down and click the Facebook tab and click "add facebook sales channel">follow prompts.

3. Go back to your shopify store and re-add the facebook sales channel and follow the steps to set up your Instagram shopping.

It should all re-sync properly at this point.

Hope this helps someone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having this EXACT same issue! Did you ever get a resolution? If so how was it corrected?

I'm approved for Instagram shopping but get stuck at the setup on the shopify facebook channel when I get to my instagram that says your instagram account is not eligible when I'm already approved!

This has been so frustrating. It shouldn't be this hard to connect everything. I've contacted both Instagram and SHopify and they keep telling me to contact the other and they can't figure it out. Like what? So the customer is left to try to figure out these glitches that are within YOUR system?

Does anyone have a fix for this?