Why won't my Instagram connect to my online store?

nene1
Visitor
3 0 0

I am trying to connect my Instagram to my shop but it seems not to work, I use to have it but then all of a sudden it just disappeared. Then when I go to set it up again it says it's done but then nothing happens and tells me to complete setup again. 

Replies 4 (4)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi, @

Mac from Shopify here! Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums. I’m happy to help. 

I understand how important it is for your business to connect your page to Instagram, and I will do my best to provide you with the steps necessary on how to do that. Firstly, I suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling it afterwards. This will ensure that you are using the most up to date and correct Facebook channel. This app is essential as it allows you to sell your products on Instagram by using the Instagram Shopping feature in the Facebook channel. 

Once that is done, please ensure that you have a Facebook business page and that your Instagram profile is a Professional Account. Then, feel free to follow this guide on how to set up your account. 

If you have any troubles setting this up, please share some screenshots and provide some more context to the error message you received, 

I’d love to know more about your marketing initiatives! How are you currently advertising your products? If you’re interested in doing so through Instagram, check out our complete guide on how to advertise on Instagram here.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nene1
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi ,

Thank you for your help I was able to connect my shop to instagram, however
it's not showing all products and the prices for some are old prices and
not the new one
I will insert screenshots below but instead of £25.00 it should be £35.00
and the tote bags/ pink zip hoodie are missing. Actually now, it's only
showing 2 products.

Kind regards
Nejma
Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi, @nene1 

Thanks for following up.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to connect your Instagram to your Shopify store. I understand the importance of getting these prices fixed and I'm glad to help with this. 

A common reason as to why this error occurs is due to using 'compare at' prices on your products. More specifically, having lower 'compare at' price and a higher regular product 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Instagram as this channel automatically displays the lowest price possible. To fix this, you will need to ensure that the compared price is a higher value than the regular price. Our tool called the Bulk Editor assists with adjusting multiple products at the same time.   

However, If you're not using 'compare at' prices, please let me know and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this.

You also mentioned that Instagram is only showing two products. This can occur for various reasons, but it is a great idea to add your product catalog to Instagram once again to ensure that the latest installation of your catalog is added. At this point, you will also be able to see if your products have been approved to sell on Instagram

Let me know if these suggestions work, and more about your question if this error persists!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nene1
Visitor
3 0 0
Hiya,

Thank you for your help, the problem has been resolved. Everything is
running smoothly.

Many thanks
Nejma