What can be done to resolve my connector app approval issue on Shopify?

Velocity
Visitor
2 0 4

Hello,
I'm in the final stages of app approval. Shopify is stating my app is a connector app, which is true, it does connect to software installed on each customers own server. However, they're asking me to get a connector app agreement signed by customers that don't yet exist. So, I've tried contacting the company directly that owns the software but has ZERO access to any customer data in any part of the connection at any point at all and because of that shouldn't qualify as being the connector end of things. However, they stated they didn't want any part of it because again they have no access to any of the data and it's not their responsibility.

So, I've explained all this to my reviewer & the API team with no luck.. What steps can be taken to get around this? Can someone sign by proxy? or is there another scenario I can't think of?

Thanks in advanced

Replies 5 (5)

Devdog88
Tourist
4 0 4

Hey, having the same issue right now. Did you ever get it resolved? 

Thanks 

Devdog88
Tourist
4 0 4

After some research it looks like this requirement was only put into the API agreement this year. 

This will make it near impossible for connector apps that have not already been approved to make it into the app store (giving current connector apps a sort of monopoly). I doubt they are enforcing this yet on current connector apps - if they did they would have few left on the store. 

I am not sure why any large third party company (end user) would agree to their terms. Users agree to send their data through the connector app so I am not sure exactly how this is protecting Shopify users.

Velocity
Visitor
2 0 4

I did end up sorting it. Took SIX months from start to finish and only because I got the connecting company to sign a form eventually. But literally no other company is going to do that so it's definitely setting up a monopoly for already approved apps. 

Devdog88
Tourist
4 0 4

Thanks for the reply!

Hope someone high up at Shopify takes a look at this policy since it is going to drastically reduce the number of passing app submissions. No other app store has the strict of a requirement for connector apps.

ManishGupta
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I found a great Shopify Connector app. The app provides excellent Shopify Odoo integration with its comprehensive features and structure. You can easily run your Odoo eCommerce stores using Shopify with this app. You can check out more features here Odoo Shopify Connector.

Hope this answer will help you to fix your problems effectively.