Custom Cart Discount App

Solved
Josh-UI
Visitor
2 1 0

Hey there! I am looking for an app to apply a specific automatic discount—in line with a Buy X Get Y discount but with quantity stacking.

My client needs one item to be added to the cart at full price and then apply a discount to a collection, excluding the full-price item added to the cart. The discount will only apply if the full-price product is added to the cart. The discounted collection can have multiple amounts added to the cart and receive the discount, provided the full-price item is included.

I have attached a graphic example.

tce_discount_example_ART_v1-01.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
Josh-UI
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Alrighty, I found a solution.

I used the app Every Possible Discount. The process was fairly easy to achieve.

I created a Conditional Discount to achieve this. The steps I took for my needs are listed below.

1. First, set the cart conditions to 'Cart Has Items.'
  2. Set 'Item quantity' and quantity to 1.
  3. Set the Item Selector to 'Product Tag' and used a custom tag for the item I wanted to trigger (in this case I used "discountPing" as the tag on the full-price product).
  4. Next, under 'Discount Applies to,' I set it to 'Product Tag.' Like above I used the "discountApply" to all the products I want the discount to apply to.
  5. I ticked the Advanced settings checkbox.
  6. 'No of items to discount' to 10 and 'Mode of discount' to 'Highest value first.' (You may want to set this to lowest however this didn't matter in my case as all the products are the same price).
  7. Under 'Discount to Apply,' I set it to 'Percentage Discount,' the percentage value was 10 and left 'Set Maximum Discount' unchecked.
  8. Lastly, I checked 'Other product discounts' in the 'Combine with other discounts?' section so it runs in tandem with any other discounts the client may want.

And that's that. Jobs done.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Josh-UI
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Alrighty, I found a solution.

I used the app Every Possible Discount. The process was fairly easy to achieve.

I created a Conditional Discount to achieve this. The steps I took for my needs are listed below.

1. First, set the cart conditions to 'Cart Has Items.'
  2. Set 'Item quantity' and quantity to 1.
  3. Set the Item Selector to 'Product Tag' and used a custom tag for the item I wanted to trigger (in this case I used "discountPing" as the tag on the full-price product).
  4. Next, under 'Discount Applies to,' I set it to 'Product Tag.' Like above I used the "discountApply" to all the products I want the discount to apply to.
  5. I ticked the Advanced settings checkbox.
  6. 'No of items to discount' to 10 and 'Mode of discount' to 'Highest value first.' (You may want to set this to lowest however this didn't matter in my case as all the products are the same price).
  7. Under 'Discount to Apply,' I set it to 'Percentage Discount,' the percentage value was 10 and left 'Set Maximum Discount' unchecked.
  8. Lastly, I checked 'Other product discounts' in the 'Combine with other discounts?' section so it runs in tandem with any other discounts the client may want.

And that's that. Jobs done.