Can customers enter a custom price over a base amount in any app?

SimonBonner
Visitor
3 0 0

Does anyone know of an app where the customer can enter any price over a base amout to buy an item?

I'm selling some art and want to set the base price to £x.xx but want to give the option for people to pay more if thay want to help support my work. I've found a few "make an offer" apps but they don't let people pay more.

Thanks,

Simon

simonbonner.com

Replies 5 (5)

toobiza
Shopify Partner
35 5 7
SimonBonner
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks. I've looked at the tip options but I was hoping to fid something that would be on the product page and linked to the product specifically.

toobiza
Shopify Partner
35 5 7

May be another option is to have different variants of the same product with different price points, though in this approach the prices are still static. Would that be enough as a starting point? or do you want to give the customer the total freedom to pick any price?

SimonBonner
Visitor
3 0 0

Total freedom above a starting price would be the ideal option.

I have a "make an offer" app installed and can work with it, but I'd rather not have the product listed for £1000 or more just to give someone the option to pay anything over £10. I don't expect any customer to pay over £1000, but if they see that price it may be off putting if they think that's my expectation.

I'd prefer £10 or more if they'd like.

toobiza
Shopify Partner
35 5 7

I see. I do not know an app that does that. Technically it should be doable to have an app that does it. If you don't find it, feel free to dm to discuss it in more detail.