Solved

customer creating custom message when shipping product as a gift

Fayg
Tourist
4 0 4

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an app to integrate on my site so that the customers can create a message to the recipient - when shipping the product as a gift. 

All ideas appreciated,

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Fayg!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

That is a lovely idea and it will be super popular too as people love to add gift messages. I found this app which will help you achieve exactly what you are looking for. This app has been designed to plug into your Shopify store and give you the tools that you need to make gifting easy for your customers. From gift messages to giving your customers the ability to ship items to multiple locations from a single checkout. It also has a 7-day free trial so you can try it out before committing to it. 

Another way I was thinking you could try is using cart notes. This would put a box on the cart page and you could have something like "gift message to your recipient' as the title and they could fill it that box if it was applicable. We have a guide in our help centre on this here, have a look and let me know what you think.

Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Fayg!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

That is a lovely idea and it will be super popular too as people love to add gift messages. I found this app which will help you achieve exactly what you are looking for. This app has been designed to plug into your Shopify store and give you the tools that you need to make gifting easy for your customers. From gift messages to giving your customers the ability to ship items to multiple locations from a single checkout. It also has a 7-day free trial so you can try it out before committing to it. 

Another way I was thinking you could try is using cart notes. This would put a box on the cart page and you could have something like "gift message to your recipient' as the title and they could fill it that box if it was applicable. We have a guide in our help centre on this here, have a look and let me know what you think.

Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Fayg
Tourist
4 0 4
Thank you so much for your helpful reply! Exactly what I was looking for!
Fayg
Tourist
4 0 4

Lulu,

The advice you gave me is very much appreciated!

I have another question related to this topic. 

What if I'd like to provide my customers with a choice of say 2 or 3 different gift cards which they can choose from? 

And after they write the message, I'd like for it to display on the card - as a preview  - of what the recipient will receive. 

Any way of incorporating that?

Best,

Fay

Carlos-Gifthy
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi Fay,

It's great that you want to offer a couple of gift card options to your customers where they can preview the message they'll like to send. Gift cards are a simple and easy solution for last-minute gift-buyers and adding a personal message make it a bit more emotional. Although, many people dislike buying gift cards because they consider it too impersonal. For this problem, I invite you to test our app, Gifthy.io which allows you to sell any of your products as an e-gift, without the buyer having to choose sizes/color, nor shipping information. This information will be adjusted by the gift recipient. Also, the buyer could record a video message to make the whole experience very emotional .    

Carlos | Customer Success @ Gifthy.io
lmoore1109
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm considering moving my Wordpress ecommerce site to Shopify. In this thread, Lulu, you mentioned that chat was available...how does one engage a Shopify staff in a chat? BTW...glad I bought SHOP when it was at 30!

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @lmoore1109.

Thank you for joining the thread and I am glad to hear you are thinking of migrating to Shopify. You can access the live chat feature in our help centre. Here is a quick clip for you to show how

We also have a great guide on migrations and considerations before migrating in our help centre here so be sure to check that out. Of course, if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. 

prabhakar365
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi i am looking for similar integration for my store, if you have already integrated would like your feedback on what all apps you have used and if possible if you can share your url i would be grateful to you to see the functionality in action.

thank you and best wishes

Prabhakar

prabhakar365
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi Lulu

iwas trying to enable notes to the cart page but not finding that section in the settings, is it still available in the current version?

please let me know

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @prabhakar365.

Thank you for joining the thread! Yes this would still be an option, though it would depend on what theme you are using. Is it a Shopify theme or a third party theme you have on your store at the moment? We have a guide here that you can follow the breakdown of steps for this process. Can you let me know where exactly you are not able to move on further and if you could provide a screenshot that would be great.

If is is a third party theme, my knowledge and scope of support are limited as we are only familiar with Shopify's themes. That being said, the developers of the theme would be the best people to help you move forward and would give the best instructions regarding their theme. You can contact them directly from your theme customizer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings on your Shopify admin, then you scroll to the bottom of the sidebar menu and you will see the developers name and click on 'get support' to email them directly.

I hope this helps you out. Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions at all! 

prabhakar365
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi lulu

thanks for the quick response, i could find it and enable the notes on the cart page. one more thing what i need is to define the size of the text box for the order notes and change the background color of the text box. Where can i make these changes?

appreciate your help.

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @prabhakar365.

Thats great I am glad you got that done. I can certainly look into that for you but I will need to know what theme you are using on your store as every theme code is different? 

Thank you!

prabhakar365
Excursionist
14 0 3

thanks for the quick response, i am using the debut theme of shopify

thank you

prabhakar365
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi Lulu

Really appreciate your quick responses and all the help and guidance

I am building a shopify store for my physical florist business, I want the following functionalities , please suggest appropriate apps to me.

1. the customer should be able to choose delivery date and time- 

2. there should be a differential delivery fees based on the choice of delivery time. for example 9am to 6pm free delivery , 9am to 11 am $10.00 12pm to4 PM $10 etc.

3. the customer should be able to add a personalized greeting message along with the products ordered, this can be in the check out page. i want 2 text boxes in the checkout page one for personal message and one for any instructions.

thank you for your time and help.

prabhakar

amenah-designs
Visitor
1 0 1

Did you figure out how to do this?  We sell gift cards online and want customers to be able to write a note to the person they are sending the gift card to via email as well as have a box that people can leave our shop personal notes for orders.  The only app I have found is $30 a month which seems a bit crazy for what I am asking.  Any luck?

sweetwaterlabs
Visitor
1 0 0

I have tried this app but having a terrible time with it for some reason. I cant see the gift messages on my end at all.   

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @Fayg,

I have a suggestion for an app that allows customers to easily include a message for the recipient when shipping a product as a gift. Consider using the Free Easify Product Options app 🤗.

Here's a brief guide on how to set it up:

• Add a checkbox "Is this a gift?" using the Checkbox option type.

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1692699159244.png

• Create a message field using the Text Area option type. This field will only appear when the "Is this a gift?" checkbox is selected, thanks to the Conditional Logic feature.

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1692699210481.png

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1692699220562.png

• Once you've customized your options, simply choose the products you want to apply this option set to, and you're all set.

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1692699246492.png

Give it a try 🙌!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support