Customer notifications when new products are added to my store

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

I'm looking for an app that will allow customers to sign up to receive alerts when new products are added to my website. 

I know that several e-commerce sites have a function like that but I'm not finding anything for this. 

Can anyone assist?

Thank you!

Replies 29 (29)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @tslife.

Tira here to help.

I appreciate you doing some research on this. Are you looking to notify customers of every single new product that's added to your store, or for ones where the product is out of stock? Where have you looked so far?

We do have a blog post that explains how to set-up stock alerts on your store with app suggestions here: Stock Alerts: What Are They and How Can Retailers Leverage Them?

How did you want to notify your customers? Did you want to notify your customers through email, text or through a different way? 

Let me know and I can dig into some resources for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@Tira 

I would like customers to be able to get alerts immediately, daily or weekly (their choice) of new items that are added to my website. This feature is available on Etsy - if a customer "follows" you, they get notifications whenever new stock is added. 

I'm NOT looking for restock notifications. 

Ideally, they could choose their contact method: Facebook Messenger, SMS, email, or push notifications. 

Thank you!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for getting back to me, @tslife. That sounds like a really cool feature on Etsy. I dug into it and it looks like Etsy adds a notification on a newsfeed once someone clicks on a follow button. As Shopify allows you to have a stand alone storefront, customers don’t have a personal news feed to receive notifications and we don’t proactively send out notifications to customers when new products are added. I'm happy to pass this as feedback to our developers so that they're aware of how we can improve our platform for you and all of our merchants' success. If we move forward with this, we will update our changelog or announcements page.

As a workaround, here are some options that you can try:

1. Set-up email marketing for your store. Email marketing allows you to send an email to your customers based on your preferences, and allows you to customize content so that you can cater it to your brand and message. Shopify Email is our in-house email marketing tool that you can use to send out emails to your customers. You can learn more about it in our help docs here: Shopify Email. We also have a detailed guide on how to create email marketing campaigns here: Learn Email Marketing: Everything from List Building to Advanced Lifecycle Automation.
  2. Posting updates to social media - Kit is an automated marketing assistant that can help you promote your products over social media. You can use it to post updates to your social media channels (Facebook and Instagram) and with email marketing. I recommend using this to post new products to your social media, and customers who are following you on social media can see your new products. Check out our help doc on how to set this up here: Posting updates on social media with Kit.
  3. Use an app from our App Store - There are several apps that can help you send customized notifications to your customers. I recommend taking a look at Notifier ‑ Push Notifications by Softpulse Infotech which can push welcome notifications, price drop alerts, and targeted marketing campaigns to your audience. For similar apps, check out our list on our App Store here: Notification Apps. These apps are created by third-party developers, for any questions, please reach out directly to the third-party developer by using the information underneath the "Support" section of the app's page.

Are you transitioning from Etsy to Shopify? If you are, I recommend taking a look at our migration help doc here to help you get started and settled in: Migrating from Etsy to Shopify.

Have you tried any of these methods before?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Adithya_Kavulur
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hey @TS , 

Unfortunately, we could not find an existing solution for allowing a customer to follow a store. We are working on an app specific to "Follow" for one of our clients has the same issue. So we are building an app for the community as a whole. Let me know if you want to chat further. 

Chat soon! 

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@Adithya_Kavulur 

I'd like to be part of your testing program, if I could. Is there a way I can reach out outside of this forum?

Adithya_Kavulur
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hey @tslife , 

I could not find your email details on your profile. Could you please email me at adithya@konversionlabs.com ? 

Chat soon!

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@Adithya_Kavulur 

I've sent you an email.

Thank you!

ilrein
Shopify Partner
52 2 4

@tslife 

I could make this for you. Seems relatively simple:

1) Need to add a "follow" button to the UI (for signed in users)

2) Whenever you create a new product, send an email to all "following" users

Shopify already has support for logins + product create webhooks. It would be a relatively easy project. Feel free to shoot me an email: ilia.reingold@gmail.com

I'm happy to build it as a public app, so no cost for private development.

Email me for any inquiries ilia.reingold@gmail.com
tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@Alphha_team 

The link is non-functional. Please provide a website link. 

Thank you!

ParisaMosadegh
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi
Hope you're great.

One option is to use the Restock Alerts app. 
Here is the link: 
https://apps.shopify.com/restock-alert

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@ParisaMosadegh 

Please re-read my message again. I do NOT need restock alerts. 

mcowles
4 0 0

Hello,

I have this need as well. Was there ever something developed for this?

Thanks

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

I've found nothing for this and still need it also. 

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

Hi,

I have created an app that does exactly that.

Check it out on the Shopify App Store: Vye: New Product Notifications 

The app will place a form on your store where your customers can subscribe to either all new products or a specific product tag. If a customer subscribes, an email will be sent to them when a matching new product is added to your store.

You can read more about the app here.

If there any features you would like to see in the app, you can reach out through the app or send me an email at feedback@sage-apps.com.

All the best!

SAGE Apps | Automatically alert your subscribers when you add new products with Vye: Automated Email Alerts | Email: contact@sage-apps.com
tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@DeJoy 

I installed this over the weekend and the execution is awful. I can't change any of the settings for the section on the page where I put it  (justification, etc.) and I do not have an option to edit the email template available on the free plan. 

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

Hi @Tslife 

Thanks for trying out the app and for the feedback.

The form generated by the app can be customized. You can change the text and the position. 

See how this can be done in this demo video. If there are any other specific settings you want to change for the section, let me know.

The email template can only be customized on the standard plan. It has a 20-day free trial so you can check it out.

Thanks.

SAGE Apps | Automatically alert your subscribers when you add new products with Vye: Automated Email Alerts | Email: contact@sage-apps.com
tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@DeJoy 

I did watch the video and I do not have anything in "settings" that allows me to adjust the font or the justification of the section. What I mean by justification is if it's centered, left, or right justified on the page. 

Please see the attached screenshot. Screenshot 2022-07-18 053834.jpg

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

Hi @tslife 

Thanks for the clarification. The section can be customized in your theme and not in the app settings. If you go to Customize Theme in the Shopify Admin and you select the app, the section will be added to the page and you will be able to customize it.

I will be adding an option to change the justification of the section.

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

Again, I do not see any setting for justification of the app in the customize settings, either: please see the attached image. Also, why does the video show the ability to change font and that is not present in my dashboard settings? Is that only a "paid" feature? 

Please explain how to justify the app within the section (center, left or right) and also change font. 

ThanksScreenshot 2022-07-19 071052.jpg

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

I have added an option to change the justification/alignment of the whole section. See the screenshot below. If you do not see the same options delete your browser cache and reload the page.

Joy_D_0-1658274287164.png

The font of the form is the same font used in your current theme. If you change your theme's font, the font of the form will change too. 

Take a look at my development store: https://sage-apps.myshopify.com/

Password: vye-app

Notice how the font of the form is the same as the font for the whole page.

Or do you want to use a different font for the form than the font used for the page?

@tslife wrote:

... Also, why does the video show the ability to change font and that is not present in my dashboard settings? Is that only a "paid" feature? 

Yes, changing the font in the dashboard settings and customizing the email notification is a paid feature available only in the standard plan.

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

Thank you for the clarification. Are there plans to add collections instead of tags for the customer subscription options? Thank you! 

Also, alerts via SMS as well as choosing daily, weekly or immediate emails? 

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

Hi @tslife 

I'm currently working on adding notifications via SMS and allowing subscribers to choose how often they want to receive notifications. I will also look into integrating collections as part of the subscription options.

Thank you for all the feedback. They were really helpful.

Would you consider reviewing the app? https://apps.shopify.com/product-notifications-1#modal-show=ReviewListingModal

Thank you.

tslife
Explorer
44 2 12

@DeJoy  - thank you for your responsiveness to feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need beta testers: I'm happy to help!

Once this has been active on my site for a while, I will review it. Thanks!

raphaelle
4 0 0

Hey! I'm looking to add this follow button too on my store (I have an art marketplace with artists who upload work regularly), just wanted to get your feedback a few months into this app you tested?

Thanks!

rbortner
Tourist
7 0 14

It is working well but I haven't had a tremendous amount of visitors use it. To be fair, traffic on our site still isn't very strong due to ongoing issues with Google Ads, but we have now upgraded to the paid version because we reached the maximum number of notifications for the free version fairly quickly. 

I hope that helps!

RetroShirtsMan
Excursionist
22 1 8

I would instantly purchase the paid option if you add the option to subscribe to collections and add the widget to the collections template in themes. Without that feature, it is not really helpful. 

Also please consider to add all the translation  configuration (Frontend & Emails) into the settings instead of the theme, that would be the proper way to separate it. 

DeJoy
Shopify Partner
27 2 4

There is now an option for customers to subscribe to collections.

RetroShirtsMan
Excursionist
22 1 8

I use it and it is fantastic! Thanks DeJoy. Highly recommend it!

rbortner
Tourist
7 0 14

We could REALLY use this feature too. We run an antique shop and list new items at least 2x a week. On various marketplaces like Ruby Lane and Etsy, we find customers that receive notifications remember us and tend to buy much more frequently. It's a very common feature on marketplace platforms catering to one of a kind products. It's not really practical for me to manually create the notification myself every time we list new items.