FROM CACHE - en_header

Dawn- how to remove a language switcher in the footer

Christinahadi
Excursionist
34 0 5

Dear,

Can anyone help me with removing this language switcher in the footer? --> contour-lab.myshopify.com 

I already had a language switcher in my header, but a second language switcher is still floating on my homepage. And it doesn't even work.

Might be a leftover code from a previous translation app that i have deleted?

The app i'm using now is TRANSLATION LAB.

Please help!! Thanks!

Greetings

Reply 1 (1)
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
662 183 103

Hey, @Christinahadi!

Is the language selector I've highlighted in the screenshot below the selector you're wanting to remove?

alt

If you are referring to this language selector, it's likely to have come from an app as it doesn't look like the built-in selector in the Dawn theme that appears on the footer. To see if it's a possible leftover code, I suggest downloading a fresh copy of the Dawn theme through this page and previewing it using the steps below.

1. In your Shopify theme, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Actions beside the Dawn theme you just downloaded.
  3. Select Preview in the dropdown menu.

Here's an illustration of those steps using a screenshot from a test store.

alt

If the language selector doesn't appear in the new unedited Dawn theme, it means there's some code in the other Dawn theme that's enabling the selector. If you have an idea which app could have left the code, you can contact the app's support team through the contact details found under the Support section of the app's listing on the Shopify App Store to have them remove it. Otherwise, you can have the theme checked by our Theme Support. We aren't able to remove third-party code but we can attempt to find out where the code is coming from and advise who to contact for a solution. You can visit https://bit.ly/39RZ8ZG and log in to your account to create a support request for this.

Now, if the selector appears in the new unedited Dawn theme, it's possible that an existing app may be activating it in the new theme. You can browse the apps found on your Apps page and contact the app-in-question's support team by clicking Get support beside the app on the Apps page.

The website looks great! Don't forget to purchase a custom domain for your store so you can have a domain that exclusively reflects your brand, such as contourlab.com for example. This can bring a lot of advantages to your business. A custom domain makes it easy for customers to recall and identify your brand. It can also make your store look professional and credible, and it can improve your site's ranking (SEO) in search engines, making the store more visible. You can buy a custom domain by following the steps on this page.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog