different estimated delivery dates for product variants

zsemberi
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi Everyone,

I need a solution for estimated delivery dates per product variants not per products (for that I use an app called Order Delivery Estimate - which is great), but what I need is to be able to set 3 different estimated delivery dates per product (for various variants):

1 - in stock = 2 days (items we have in our store)

2 - out of stock but allow customers to buy = 10 days (items we can order from manufacturer but takes time)

3 - out of stock but NOT allow customers to buy = sold out (not available at manufacturer either so buy now button is not clickable)

Do you have any easy-peasy app recommendation?

Thanks!

Zsófi

Replies 7 (7)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3039 594 846

Hello Zsófi,

The app you are using gives the option to block dates per product but not per variant.

For this you have to use a custom datepicker and on change of variant check its status either it's 'in stock' or 'out of stock' and a/to return values you have to enable/disable datepicker future dates.
But here is another query: what about if a customer adds one product variant which is 'in stock' and another is 'out of stock' Do you split the order ?
I mean do you ship an 'in stock' item after 2 days and 'out of stock' item after 10 days?

Thanks
- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
zsemberi
Tourist
13 0 1

No, we usually wait for all items to arrive, but this happens very rarely.

zsemberi
Tourist
13 0 1

could you recommend an app?

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3039 594 846

You can try this one https://apps.shopify.com/delivery-date-pro
But as I know it will not work with the logic you need.

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
zsemberi
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank You, I'll check

Jesse-James
Shopify Partner
22 0 8

Heya ,

Not sure if this is too late..

We just launched an App that, though slightly different then what you explained, could provide an elegant solution.

The App is called "BackStock - Preorder planner ".  - What you can do is assign specific variants that have a delayed shipment schedule, each with a "Ships in.." label for your estimated delivery date which will show on the product/cart/checkout pages when the specific item(s) continue to sell when out of stock.

Then, once an item goes from in-stock to out-of-stock (or if it is out of stock) it will automatically append the estimated "Ships on" date.

Also, you can opt to have mixed carts have a separate fulfillment box to separate the shipments for items that can ship in 2 days vs 1-2 weeks

Anyway, figure id mention this if it helps, let me know, thanks

Jesse

Mercantile Apps - simple apps for enterprise growth
Learn more

AppJetty
Excursionist
74 1 3

Hey! @zsemberi 

I have a shopify app for you to solve your problem. 

Here it is: https://apps.shopify.com/appjetty-delivery-date-manager

Hope this helps!

Improve your sales with AJ Delivery Date & Shipping